Friday, January 25, 2013

Quarks + Where art thou, my glossybox?!?

Alas, this post isn't about physics but about the galactic (universal?) print that is so in right now. I remember the Mulleavy sisters designed some Neiman Marcus/Target collab stuff that had that sort of print and I'm dtb (down to buy) any top with that sort of print (did Mary Katrantzou do one too? I can't remember).


I've decided to space out the Couture show posts because I doubt that anyone who might stumble upon this blog wants to scroll through zillions of pictures so I'm going to try to keep it light with some random thoughts/such:

All Saints- my most current purse is from them (I think it's called the bolshevik, I also bought the clutch and an ice wallet because I loved it that much and this is before they went on sale and I was heartbroken at dropping more cash than I had to though there is a satisfaction of having it during it's intended season instead of having to buy something on sale after the season has ended and new stuff is out).
------------------------

I'm still STILL waiting for any info regarding my Glossybox 'man repeller' boxes. I was so excited for these that I bought 2 extras (for gifting... maybe) in addition to my regular monthly sub. Yet, we are at January 25th and no shipping info or even knowledge of when my boxes will be shipped.

I'm chalking this up to a couple of things: 1. These boxes were bound to be VERY popular and Glossybox clearly oversold them. While I understand the lure of getting as many new subscribers and extra gift boxes in the mix (so much $$$$), it doesn't make sense for the future of the company to keep selling boxes just to get cash when they can't meet the demand as fast as they're getting money. I'm guessing Glossybox's CEO and crones made a fucking killing with this box and I wouldn't be surprised if they sold to a larger conglomerate soon or kept collabs with bloggers and other companies coming. There has already been a Refinery29 collab and yesterday, a Daily Candy LE Glossybox that has been intermittently sold out since being released a couple of days ago (at last check 2 seconds ago, it's still sold out again).

Now these collaboration boxes aren't usually part of the month to month subs. They tend to be in the $50-60 range and have all full sizes but they're first come, first serve and not included in the regular $21/mo subs. A lot of people get mad at this but it makes sense because they're running a business and boxes (whenever they finally ever ship my godddddd) tend to be great and always include something fullsize.

However, these collaborations are more limited. When you have a really popular blogger like the man repeller , who has gotten play on every media outlet including tv and magazines and simply her eponymous web presence, well you'll get a lot of interest. Pair that with a box that isn't seemingly limited in number, is promised to anyone who signs up in the whole of January (as of now, they're still promising it as first box in the sub to those who sign up) and the availability of gift boxes that can be purchased by regular subscribers, what do you get? A giant clusterfuck!

Glossybox needs to get their shit in order and start by sending out (maybe in waves), the regular sub boxes, then the gift boxes purchased by those regular subscribers, and then the new subscribers and be clear to people about this. With very few days left in the month and vague promises to have the boxes all shipped out by tomorrow, we can only hope that we can get them before we get charged for february.

Unfortunately, they have the upper hand right now. They have my money and something I really really want. Hopefully, they send me what I want soon and that way I'll keep giving them money. If not, I'll be one very miffed blogger.

Peace out like a trout bitches.









No comments:

Post a Comment