Monday, January 28, 2013

Fashion (a good thing and an even better Bowie song)

As previously posted, one of my cousins is getting married in May. I'm on the bride's side which means I can actually give her some suggestions like directing her toward the awesome 100 Layer Cake, a beautiful wedding idea blog and such, and I get to do the best thing ever: fantasize about 3 days worth of new outfits and especially a new formal dress without any of the pressure she's currently going through (omfg just from her texts I can see that wedding admin is a horribly time consuming. No gracias mate!)

As always, there's a BIG problem. I love heels, have loads of pairs, the higher the better. However, I can't walk in them AT ALL. I'm almost 5'9 and everyone tells me I don't need the heels (whatevs it's prob cos they're shorter and think I'm a dick for wearing heels and thus STILL being taller even when they're wearing heels) but I like the heels.

Yet, I'm wondering (as this will be in/around a vineyard) if I shouldn't go the wedge/ or 3 inch heel route. The last couple of weddings, I've worn one 5"pair that almost killed me and at the other, some beautiful d'Orsay pumps with a covered stiletto heel that was dun dun dun about 5". I'm tired of loving the way they look while I'm sitting and wobbling around like a dumbass so I'm going to hunt for the perfect shoe. Must be formal, pretty, and awesome. Not a tall order at all lol.

The following are all from ASOS who apparently don't do a size 11 anymore and have now crushed my soul. But maybe?? There are, of course, a couple posted that are more of a NFW (no f-ing way) but just HAD to be posted:

Cute? Yes. Formal? No.

I just like these. I don't even care. 

Lolll. Yeah right. 

This is more what I'm thinking of. 

Cute? I'm 50/50 

These look like last season's Chanel. Love them, idgaf. 

Hmmm... Too basic.

So.... ASOS might be a bust right now. Time to check TOPSHOP... and report back with the results. As ever, 

I'm out like a trout! 

No comments:

Post a Comment