Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Cotton Bunny and why your Period is a natural part of Growing Up

Time to talk about My Cotton Bunny!!

Well, first of all, we know that this company is part of the new crop of sub boxes that we all know and love so well. Second, they're catching on to a very good sector if I do say so myself. Now, I'm not typically the type to care about having my productos sent because of shame. I have none haha. Nevertheless, there are a couple of new companies out there that seem interesting but the ones with the most buzz are My Cotton Bunny and Le Parcel. After reviewing MCB's info, I can say that there are some key differences between both companies and I'm guessing these could influence which company one might choose.

PS. I have to disclose that there is an alumni connection that may have made me prone to gushing. For this, I apologize ;)


The basics:

Website: My Cotton Bunny

Sub type: Monthly Box

Price: $13.75 per month (includes shipping)

What type of stuff do they send?

This sub box is of the menstrual variety ;) My Cotton Bunny promises the pads and tampons you need every month "paired with pampering goodies" according to the Press Release. There is a surprise element that seems very intriguing because the aforementioned pampering goodies are a surprise (redundant use of surprise? check!) and include gourmet chocolate bars and the promise of future surprises possibly including fudge, gourmet marshmallows, and headbands!!!! I will forever and ever LOVE headbands because Blair Waldorf [well, her style more than that whole sleeping with Dan aberration that I'll just ignore] is my spirit animal.

December's Cozy Box Surprises


December's box included a warm and cozy theme and more importantly, I'm hoping good or let's be honest, really really good chocolate was included. Oh god I need chocolate in my life right now. Seriously.

I love the theme idea because a good theme makes any sub box just that more exciting and creates great buzz (but please, no man repeller collabs mmmkay? Not until you guys can promise it'll be awesome AND sent on time) in the sub addict circles of the net (they exist!).


One of the things that caught my attention the most was the fact that My Cotton Bunny doesn't repackage the most important part of the box, the actual pads and tampons. Instead of sending you a box with the individual numbers thrown in there, they send you the opened box with the promise that these products are safe (weirdly enough, I like that) precisely because there's no chance they'll be different than those you could buy at your local target (but so much better because of the fun surprise, right??)

Finally, I like the almost feminist sounding (never a bad thing peeps*) fact that the boxes that My Cotton Bunny aren't sent in discrete packaging but with very cute decorative packaging that probably makes getting a box all the more fun. I love distinctive box packaging because just seeing them on my doorstep makes me excited. Also, I like pretty things. Sue me. I don't get why someone would really need to have discrete packaging for such a natural thing. Girls, it's not a sex toy and if you are the type to buy sex toys, you shouldn't care about discrete packaging either!! Be freaky and proud ;P

So, I would definitely give it a chance and try it out. It seems like something I could definitely get on board with. Especially if I got to try a box for free!!**

Next time on the Menstruation Box Diaries (my new pitch for an HBO show, obvs):

Le Parcel ! Who are they? What do they offer? Are they as cool as My Cotton Bunny seems to be?? Why haven't they gotten back to me??? Whyyyy? Did I say something wrong? I can change Le Parcel!!! I really can!!!!


*I love that idea but it's not substantiated. This is purely my conjecture and My Cotton Bunny has never stated anything regarding feminism. I know that some people are reticent to be associated with the word since it has gained some unfortunate and untrue connotations and associations and I mean no harm.

**That is just me trying to get free stuff because that's how I (t)rollolol. No compensation was given for this review and I would totally disclose otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment