Thursday, March 14, 2013

Popsugar Must Have March Box Review

This month, my Popsugar Must Have  box was incredibly early in comparison to earlier months and got to me a couple of days ago. I hadn't updated and reviewed because I'm amidst trying to find a place to move to and having to move in less than 2 weeks so I've been incredibly distracted! However, I just HAD to review this box because it turned out to be one of my favorites. I'm pretty glad I didn't end up canceling after last month's billing debacle because they have me hooked! On to the review:


First of all, I love everything. I was hoping for a girlier month that included cute stuff and my wish was fulfilled ;) Plus, I'm beyond elated that I didn't have to deal with getting that POS Nicholas "thinks he's better than Shakespeare and Jane Austen" (seriously, look it up because this clown is fucking delusional!) Sparks books or thongs (permanent wedgies are not ideal, I'm a boyshort kind of girl). That said, I can't believe that everyone feels the same way, some people might be not as in love with the box as I am and to that I say, give it a chance because every month has some people over the moon and others practically homicidal.

The magical happy box! ;D 

Here's the item by item review (with approximate retail prices if provided):

Heather Belle Signature Tassel Necklace

This is a bit of a divisive item. Some girls love it and others say it's ugly as hell, they're going to ebay it, etc. I'm on the love it side of things. It's long and long enough to be a perfect length on taller girls (finally a necklace that actually looks long on me!) It's gold with a octagon and some tassels hanging from said octagon. All gold and all cuteness. Unfortch this picture only shows the box but, trust me, it's cute and the brand isn't on the cheap end of things. I'm guessing it'd be worth at least $35-40 dollars.

The Laundress Specialty Wash- Wool & Cashmere Shampoo

This, to me, is perfect right now. I have a collection of cashmere sweaters and cardigans that need to be washed and I've been afraid to mess up and shrink them. Awesomely enough, this product has long been on my wish list but I've been too cheap to buy it. Fortunately, thanks to Popsugar, I now have a big bottle of it! Retail $19.00

Corkatoo Corkscrew

I've never really thought about corkscrews or bottle openers. I rarely drink wine and I know I have one lying around the house. Yet, when I saw this lime green and hot pink perfect melding of bird and bottle opening tool, I fell in love. Seriously. It's the cutest thing you didn't know you needed. I'm even keeping it packed up for a special occasion. Bird-tastic lol. Retail $13.99

Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara

Full size!!! No measly samples you can get for free here! I've been buying more Buxom products lately and on my last trip to Sephora, I picked up a Buxom lipgloss in 'Leslie' (I wonder why haha). This full size mascara is cute and has an S-shaped brush that is allegedly "perfect for achieving thick, voluptuous lashes with a shaped curl". Love it like a $2 whore ;) Retail $19.00

Forgot to add, it also comes with a sephora code for a lip gloss sample. Sephora, thou are truthfully my biggest weakness.

Hollywood Fashion Secrets Sweater Saver

So, this isn't my favorite item but it is very useful. I have many a top with pilling and have never done much about it. Thanks for this weird little brick that I probably would've never purchased myself, I can make my sweaters less old & gnarly. Not the most exciting item in the box but it is pretty practical in it's uses. Retail $7.16

The New Black Nail Polish (mini 2 pack) 

I was very surprised to see this as I'd not two days before purchased the new black's Seine set at Sephora. I love that I got even more of this polish because I'm a polish addict and this brand makes some great colors. I got a pair of metallics in green and blue and there are no individual names on each color though the set is labelled as 'Pardon my French'. Not ideal for me; I wish I would've gotten a neon because I have way too many greens/blues/metallics and combinations of the aforementioned but I am pretty satisfied because nail polish! Retail $? I couldn't find an exact price but seeing as the Seine set was $22 for about double the polishes (same size bottles), I'll say $~11

Special Extras:

Marshmallow Peeps

While I love yelling peeps in my highest pitch possible at random intervals in the day or on the street, I'm not an actual candy peep fan. They're too sweet and they're not chocolate. It was a cute addition considering Easter is coming up and these were quickly scarfed down by my brother so, we can all agree, they fulfilled their peep-ly destiny.

Hollywood Fashion Secrets Fashion Tape Sample Pack

Fashion tape samples for presumably keeping the boobage out of sight (or at least evading a slip of the nips). I was actually about to purchase some for my cousin's upcoming nuptials but thanks to this, I don't have to anymore. Hopefully they work or there'll be some unfortunate exposure.

Overall:

Loved everything. I rarely say that with this box but honestly, for me, this was a great month because I can use all of these products and I wanted these things before I got them. If this level of box awesomeness is kept, Popsugar can count on me as a client for the long haul.

Overall Box Score: 10/10 

Deets

Box
Frequency:
Monthly
Price:
$35 (plus tax in CA, so 37.80)
Perks
Ability to earn free boxes, full size products included. 
Recommend
This month, absolutely.









No comments:

Post a Comment