Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Lip Factory March Box Review Update

Last week I  got my first (and for now) only LIP FACTORY monthly subscription box. If you read my original review, you may note that I was pretty sad that many of the products in the box were from unknown brands or discontinued items. This continues to be my main issue but I do have to give Lip Factory some props.

First of all, I immediately emailed them when I noticed that my Korres lip gloss was half empty, unsealed and apparently used. To say this was upsetting, well, it would be an understatement. However, I was pleased to see that I got a quick response from the company and a bit later, a notification that my replacement color had already been sent (I've yet to receive it so I can't comment on the new Korres' state but I'm almost sure that it'll be new... hopefully). Their response was very detailed if not a bit too detailed (passionate about the company or defending themselves from implications? I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they just want to do a good job) and I appreciate that. Many companies will either ignore your email entirely or respond long after you stop even caring about what you emailed them about (and I'm guessing they count on this to get out of some sticky situations) but I can confidently tell all that this particular fledgling company did the right thing and responded to my query quickly and said the right things. Plus, they actually took quick action.

Second, I feel like such a bitch because omg all of the colors I got (with the exception of the opened Korres I had to trash) look great on me. I don't know if they gave out universal shades and I was lucky or if they actually pick the colors that look best on certain skin tones but every damn color looked great on me. No joke! They weren't the fanciest products but wow was I happy when I saw that no color would go to waste.

I'll update this post when I get the new Korres but it might take a bit because it'll end up being forwarded to my new address and take like an extra week to get to my hands. Ugh, moving is extra hard when you sub to so many boxes and buy a LOT of things online because I get mail nearly every day. There was no mail at my old address today and my mailman told me he received my address change (sad panda face because he is awesome as far as mailmen go) so I guess all of my incoming mail is being re-routed and I'll see it later on. Since I just realized that this post totally diverged into a mail tangent, I shall attempt to end it here. Lip Factory aren't as bad as I may have made them sound (I was into them about 60% and that has gone up to 73%) and I am considering giving them another chance after things settle down.

For now, I hope to get my new color and that all will be well. Especially since I'm always looking for new and exciting ways to spend my cash and tomorrow, I shall finally FINALLY get my March Beauty Bar Sample Society box. The one I already know has a bunch of recycled samples I hated the first time around and totally bitched to CS about but was unable to get them to send me any other box. Seriously, I would've taken ANY other box. I love this sub but you can be pretty sure that March's review won't be so pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment