Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lip Factory?

I, as an unabashed (ok a little abashed) douchebag (with respect to box subs only), tend to go for the big shiny companies for my boxes. However, there is one sub that has been popping up in a lot of forums and has gotten shining reviews on makeuptalk and it has me wondering whether I should go for it despite the not great looking website. What sub is this that has me in such a tizzy?

None other than Lip Factory.

Not a hugely known box but according to the items sent in the previous boxes (all listed here), there is a huge concentration on lip products, hence the name. Weirdly enough (*cough why else would I have a beauty type blog cough*), I love lip products and rarely go a week without buying or wanting something new. Seriously, I currently have about 6 colors in my purse and at least 40 on my dresser. Plus, I'm currently on a huge lip kick because I keep looking for the perfect pink, perfect red, and perfect stain. Last night, I bought Lipstick Queen's Medieval Lipstick and last week I purchased the same brand's Sinner Lipstick in Red from Birchbox. So, my addiction to lip colors is not at all understated.

I love it. 


However, I took a look at the website a while ago and it didn't quite convince me that it was a legitimate company. Why? The youtube video with the laughable british accented narration was a huge marker, as well as the relatively poorly shopped images. Nevertheless, after weeks of flip/flopping and researching, I haven't seen many negative posts about this company and many posts positively brimming with love for the products sent every month. Though the boxes seem to lately be veering towards all type of makeup rather than sticking with lips only, I'm still fairly interested and at $22.00 a month, it isn't a small commitment (especially if there are added shipping charges!- EDIT: There aren't, I asked CS on facebook and the total is 22.00 exactly).


So, what to do?

Well, I think I'm gonna take the plunge and get the March box. Hopefully, it doesn't totally blow and I will have good things to say about them.

Wish me luck peeps, I'm about to wander into the unknown of a whole new sub!


New edit 2/8: I subbed and did so through paypal. I was told that March boxes were shipping out this week but I'm yet to get a tracking number. I also got a referral code but the page seemed sort of.... not.... refined. So, I'm definitely trying out this month but with the addition of the FabFitFun box to my life, I'm guessing this'll be a one-time thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment