Saturday, March 2, 2013

Influenster Sweetheart VoxBox Review



After a huge debacle of box lostness that included me emailing Influenster and the USPS because my box apparently hadn't been delivered, it was a freakin' miracle to have it found in a bush outside my neighbor's house. The box was upside down and looked like trash but I just HAD to make sure and so I walked over and slowly grabbed it (I'm deathly afraid of spiders) and lo and behold!!! It was my box!!!!  My mail guy is the best so I know he didn't do this. My guesses? The monday mail carrier is a different person (I know this as a fact) and HATES ME or it was incorrectly delivered TO A BUSH because clearly I'm a squirrel that lives in a tree but has a bush PO BOX. 

Nevertheless, the box is finally and safely in my hands. I was incredibly happy to qualify for Influenster's Sweetheart VoxBox and even happier when I finally opened it. It was chock full with awesome and actual useful items (this is super important because I hate being excited about getting something for free and then finding that I can't use it or just don't like it) that I've tested almost as soon as I ripped open the box in anticipation! There were four items in this box (full disclosure: this box was given to me for free from Influenster [follow the link to sign up and start getting free stuff])

On to the item review: 

Lovin' it like McDonald's ;)
OLAY® Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System:

This is the biggest item in the box and I was super excited to get it. I'd been to target earlier in the week and actually purchased the 'fresh effects' moisturizer (12.99 @ target) because it was advertised as a creme/gel combo that helps moisturize without feeling heavy or clogging pores. So, to get this was exciting. I tried this immediately and I'm pretty satisfied. The vibrating brush isn't painful to sensitive skin like mine and it does feel like its doing it's job of deep cleaning my skin. The cleanser (which does have a weird gray color) is sort of strong and does leave my skin feeling sort of tight so moisturizer afterwards is a MUST. Plus, I got some in my eye and it hurt like hell!! So, be careful but do try it because it works ;) 9/10

Retail Price: $12.99 

I couldn't find a better pic so for the fuzziness, my apologies  ;P

Secret Clinical Strength Stress Response in Serene Citrus Scent:

Getting free deodorant doesn't sound like a great present but it is a good thing to have lying around. I haven't actually tried it yet because I'm going to wait until I run out of my current deodorant but apparently this specific deodorant responds to stress induced sweating and ummm smell (ewww). It does sound like it'll do the job and I will definitely be using it. 7/10 

Retail Price: $7.99-9.99



Not Your Mother's ® She's A Tease (™) Volumizing Hairspray:

 I actually got the sample size so the pic isn't representative of what I got but it is representative of what you can buy. It's touted as a volumizing hairspray infused with apple blossom and bamboo (great combo) and while the smell of the spray isn't as heavenly as the aforementioned infusions make it seem like, the volumizing is right on point. I decided to try a quiff with this this spray and it came out perfectly without the need of extra products (unheard of!). I'm especially glad to have tried this because I'm a big old snob that doesn't typically buy hair products at the drugstore or even chain stores (we're talking online, salons, and maybe high-end boutiques) and I was very pleasantly surprised. Enough that I'll be taking the plunge and actually purchasing the full size. 10/10

Retail Price (Full Size): $6.00 

Tasty? 


Skinny Girl On-the-Go Bar in Greek Yogurt Blueberry Crisp:

Not my favorite item in the box because I get so many different brands of energy and diet bars that I can never tell apart. Well, except for those that taste like cardboard ass because I like to keep their names in mind so I never ever suffer the fate of tasting those goddamn things ever again! I ate this bar with trepidation but it was weirdly tasty. It didn't taste as great as say, a fudge volcan cake, but it did help stave of hunger in the middle of the day. I'm not a huge diet food customer by any measure but if I had to buy energy bars, I might be inclined to buy these though the name is a turn-off. 7/10

Retail Price: $9.99 per box of 5 bars/~$2.00 per bar. 

Overall:

A pretty good box, especially considering how much it cost (nada!!!). I have a use for every item included and have actually put the items into regular rotation. All in all, a good gift from Influenster


No comments:

Post a Comment