Friday, April 5, 2013

Beauty Bar Sample Socierty April 2013 Box Review

Finally, finally, finally!!!!! I'm very excited to say that I finally got a box in the mail!! Of course, this one was correctly addressed so it was less likely to suffer the fates of the other boxes (more on that later) but today I'm happy to report that I got my April box from Sample Society.

Unfortch, my camera is again camera non grata so I must resort to a screencap of my dashboard to show you guys the items that I received and what I think about each item. I'm going to say this month was definitely a skin-care month for this sub since 5 out of the 6 samples were skin related. I'm not super happy about that but they are good quality samples.

My Box C items
On to the review:

Jane Train Hair Accessory Assortment

I got two hair items clipped to a small paper and I have to say I was hoping for more but I'm pretty happy with this sample. I really think, out of this box, that it is my favorite. I got one hair clip in a dark green print and a bobby pin in a red flower print. I immediately put the clip to work to hold my bangs and it's doing a bang up job (puns!!).   10/10


Hanskin Hydro Sheet Mask and Translation Insert

These items are listed separately as if they were both samples but the translation insert is in english (unlike the instructions listed on the mask packet) and has instructions for wearing the mask. Unfortunately, as it is hydrating mask and my skin is currently on an oil roller-coaster with weird sensitivity issues, this mask went to my mom. She is definitely enjoying dropping me for samples lately and got 50% of the samples in this box. I'm totally going to start hiding my boxes from her ;D ?/10


Hanskin Premium Perfect Super Magic BB Cream SPF 30

This sample has a good size and is touted to fight blemishes and wrinkles while brightening the skin. Since, I have some terrible spots on my face due to the aforementioned skin issues, I'm very excited about this sample. I tried a bit and I'm so happy that I think I'll be purchasing the full size with my $15 discount for this box (perks!) Good sample size and something I can actually use/wear and something I've been looking for lately? YES! 10/10


CoTZ Face Natural Skin SPF 40 "Deluxe" Sample

This is listed as a bonus sample and that's cool because it is tiny! Also, considering the fact that I have more than enough of this type of samples waiting in the wings to be used, this one also went to my mom (she needs it since she's as pale as a ghost hehe). I have no interest in this sample so I don't have much to say about it. I'll ask my mom after she tries it and maybe update this review with an actual review ;)    ?/10  Just looking at it/my interest level  1/10


Caudalie Premier Cru The Ultimate Anti-Aging Creme Sample

I shudder to think that this teeny tiny sample is considered deluxe. Seriously, it's a mini little baby of the deluxe sample size. Also, as a twenty-something  I really don't need 65 anti-aging cremes (yet!!!) and so this is yet another sample that went to my mom. Seriously, Sample Society!!! Broaden your horizons! These boxes seem meant for 40+ and I like to get stuff I can use!!



Borghese Gel Delicato Makeup Remover Deluxe Sample

I have to be honest, I'm not a Borghese fan. I've seen their products sold at mass retailers and most often at Costco so I associate them with well.... not high-end. So, whenever I get their samples, they usually go to my mom. However, this gel makeup remover, which is oil free, is actually something I like. I hate having oily stuff on my face! It makes me feel dirty even if I've just showered! So, I love it. I didn't expect to but I do. 9/10

Overall:

I initially quit this sub because it totally seemed like it was geared towards older women and the skin care angle doesn't make me love it. However, I did really enjoy half the samples so it wasn't a complete bust. I don't know if I'm 100% on keeping it forever but I am still onboard for next month.


Box:
Price/Frequency:
$15 (+ tax in CA, I pay $16.20)/ Monthly
Perks:
$15 discount off $50 if you purchase any item from any of the brands featured in the month's box. 
Recommend
As of now, yes. It is skin-care centric but it does have pretty great stuff and the skin care samples are definitely high-end. 







No comments:

Post a Comment