Friday, April 12, 2013

FabFitFun VIP Spring Box

Yet another victim of the change of address saga was this box. I finally got it today after it was returned to sender and then sent by fedex direct by the FFF (thanks FFF! that was a great move).

Now, as many of us know, this box has been a figure of great controversy. A variety of boxes were sent and they didn't all include the same items. We saw the blogger preview boxes and assumed we'd get the same items but, alas, it was not to be. I emailed and asked wtf and got a quick response and they are saying they're taking all of the feedback into account for the summer box so I hope that's true.

Here's a pic:

No joke, I got scared when I saw the petite size of the box! 
Soooo, my box did not include what I expected (NO BUTTER LONDON!! or Jewelmint pieces though 2 are promised in the insert!) but compared to other boxes I saw, I consider this one a score.
However, an email to fff is definitely forthcoming because screw that lollll.


On to the item by item review:


MoroccanOil Hair Treatment

This is the one item that everyone was promised. It retails at about ~$40 and I'm very much into hair oil treatments at the moment so I'm excited to try this one. Especially since it's a full size bottle. 10/10

Zoya Nail Polish by FabFitFun

According to the insert, the Zoya nail polish is in their signature color called 'fabfitfun fuchsia'. I've never bought or considered buying Zoya before since I'm up to my eyes in Julep and Butter London colors. The good thing is that I'm trying to add more pinks to my collection after I decided that I'd stop hating the pink colors and I'm excited about trying this brand after never trying it before. 8/10

Jouer Lip Gloss

This lip gloss seems cute since it has a shimmery sheer pink sparkly color but the sample size is incredibly small. I wouldn't count it as an item but instead as an extra. However, it is counted as a main items and that sucks because it is TINY. I would value it at more than a dollar or two, if that. I'm not in love but I will try it so it's not a total wash. 7/10


Think Thin Bar in Peanut Butter

Another one of the nutritional energy bars that I keep getting in box subs, I'm not super excited about it since I either give it away or eat it, forget I ate it and then just end up eating more that day. I know these keep getting sent and that's fine since the word 'fit' is in the middle of the box's name but I do wish that we'd get these less often because they're not something I consider surprising or something that I really want to get in a box because I can go ahead and get these at Costco if I want. 6/10

Jewelmint Jewels

So this is listed in the insert. Apparently, I'm supposed to have two pieces in the box but there are none in my box. Nada! -10/10


The following are listed as 'surprise bonus gifts': 


GoSmile On the Go Pen

Ok, I'm very happy I got this one. I was really hoping I would and I did! Although it was shown on the blogger boxes, it is apparently considered a bonus gift. I'm not super happy about that but at least I got it, right? I was really looking forward to this item so that's why I'm not as unhappy as I feel that I could've been considering what others have received. 10/10

Josie Maran Lip Stain Marker

Another purported 'bonus gift' that was also in the blogger boxes. I love this and I'm super duper happy that I was lucky enough to ge it. I haven't tried too many Josie Maran products in the past but I'm very much into lip stains so this one is a mega score. 10/10

Another look at the Spring box 


Overall

I'm not super happy with the issues in the Spring box. I didn't get what I wanted most and I didn't even get what was listed in the insert as something I definitely should've gotten. However, I do like the things that I got and so I'm going to give FFF another chance and stick around for the summer box. I feel like they should've taken care of their issues BEFORE sending out the boxes but my interaction with CS has been very quick and positive so I'm optimistic about their future. I really love boxes like this and I feel like Popsugar could do with a little healthy competition so hopefully they'll straighten out their issues and get better next quarter.



Box
Frequency
Quarterly (every 3 mos) 
Price
49.99 Quarterly
Perks
So far, none that I know of. We are promised mainly full sizes instead of samples. 
Recommend
I do but with reservations. I'd say try the next box (summer) but if the quirks don't improve, then I'd say maybe try it. I'm pretty satisfied with my box, so I'd say I do currently recommend it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment