Saturday, April 20, 2013

Popsugar Must Have May Box Announcement

Popsugar's April's box was lackluster (enough that I didn't even bother to review said box; short review: 4 items, all not great) and many of my peeps over at makeuptalk were NOT happy about April's box, especially after the March box that was generally thought to be a win.

Soooo, possibly (ahem, definitely) sensing a bit of a downturn in consumer confidence after that mistake, Popsugar Must Have is giving away 10 (10!!!!!!!) Clare Vivier clutches in May's box. Now, while April was a huge miss, I have to give Popsugar some props: 

I emailed them around the time the April box was released and basically told them it was bs and that I'd rather not deal with that box at all. Instead of dismissing me, Popsugar CS asked me what I felt was wrong with the box and I replied with a dissertation length missive. At this point, I thought I'd get no response or maybe a canned one. Instead, I got another email asking if I could tell them what I DID like and why. Another missive later, I got another response saying they'd read my suggestions, etc. etc. and that they'd like to send me some goodies for basically (totally paraphrasing here) being so darn awesome. I was even asked what stuff from the previous boxes I'd enjoyed in order to send me a couple of things I liked! So while I'm not happy with April's box, I do love the  must have box, especially after they (with no real incentive to do so) actually asked me for opinions and responded with human sounding replies. I can't deny, that for me, Popsugar's CS went above and beyond and I really appreciate that. 

Now, back to the present. May's box is almost certainly going to be a return to form for one of my favorite subs and this contest is a definite reason to stay subbed or to start subbing now. I'm a purse addict and the idea that I could win one of these makes me positively salivate (or drool if I don't want to sound like a douche!) with the hope that I could win a pretty, pretty clutch!! All current subscribers are apparently already entered and all new subscriptions will be too. I'd say go for it peeps because you could end up winning a clutch that's worth more than said clutch and everything else in the box added together. 

If you haven't, sub here for a chance to get it with May's box.

I swear these types of things get me hook, line, and sinker. I never EVER win anything. To date (as in my entire existence), I've won 2 things: a Voldemort t-shirt at a screening for one of the Harry Potter movies because it had been my birthday that week so I wasn't nearly the only one to win and a Starlooks Starbox which I was so excited to win until I read that 99 other people won too! If it had been, say, 20 others then I would've felt more special. Chances are I'll never get even close to getting the clutch but I might as well try. Plus, I'm very much looking forward to the May Must Have box just because I love getting surprises in the mail. Seriously. 

So, if you've been thinking about trying out this sub, then I guess this is the month to try it out because you might be one of the 9 other lucky ones (because I will get one, I will it so!!!!!!!) to get this clutch plus you can always cancel after May's box if it isn't pass muster. 

To all of my fellow subscribers, good luck!!!! I'm so desperate to get one of these but the odds are not ever in my favor (see what I did there?) so this might just be a public announcement that will actually reduce the odds of me getting the clutch (oh no! I'm legit reconsidering publishing this because I be cray cray) but actually, I can be happy for me fellow box addicts.


Box:
Price:
$35 (+tax in CA, I pay $37.80) 
Frequency:
Monthly plus there are seasonal boxes sold separately. 
Perks:
One of the bigger boxes, referrals, discount codes 
Recommend?
Yep. I keep trying to stop loving it but my recent customer service experience was the clincher in my staying with Popsugar for the foreseeable future (barring a box filled with literal dog poop!!!) 

Discount Codes: 
These are the most codes that have been recently floating around:
REFERFRIENDS
REFER5
GET10 ($10 off from a 3 month sub) 
SAVE5PSMH
GET25 ($25 off from a 6 month sub)


COMING UP TOMORROW:

The Julep Maven selection window opens!!! I've gotten some hints about upcoming lip color but I'm waiting until tomorrow to see if the fuss is really warranted and then I'll post how I weakly probably ended up upgrading to getting absolutely everything ever sold by Julep.

Also, I'll be posting the review of the Julep Sea Salt Mystery Box that I ordered a couple of days ago and that I have a shipping notice for as soon as it is delivered! 








No comments:

Post a Comment