Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sephora Mini Haul #2

I ended up going back to sephora and my weakness for pretty pretty makeup won out. Seriously, the damn place is like some sort of siren call I can't ignore and lose myself in for hours, Ulysses style. I casually went in to look around and ended up getting a few small things but Chic Week is making me crazy! 15% is not something to be missed! So, I'm almost completely sure I'll be back at sephora before the 22nd but I need to stop! Except I don't want to! Especially since I currently only have a bit more than 500 points and I want to get back to 1500 or so.

A little side note: I noticed that there is a postcard given out at the register where there is a 1000pt reward. Apparently the offer is limited to Sephora stores in CA and TX only and I'm guessing it's because they're gauging the reaction to said reward. Said reward is exchanging 1000 pts for a 20% discount card. Considering I got 15% today and a Benefit 500 pt reward a couple of days ago, I have to say that this is NOT the most enticing offer. Actually, it isn't enticing at all. When you re-qualify to VIB status, you get 10% off and there are a couple of times a year (like right now!) where you get 15% off so what's the point of wasting that many points for 20% off? I would much rather save up my points and get rewards that I actually want (this year, so far, I've gotten the Buxom and the Benefit sets [almost alliteration!]) instead of a discount that, in the long run, has a negligible effect on how much I'll purchase anyways.

Ok so now on to the second mini haul of the week:

Btw, because I'm feeling lazy, the pics are from sephora and not my personal pics. However, they're exactly representative of what I purchased.

YSL Baby Doll Mascara $30 

I have to admit I haven't been able to stop thinking about getting this mascara and today was the day I finally did! I went to look for it and it wasn't displayed so I almost went into sad panda mode but the incredibly helpful cast members looked for it everywhere and finally found it 'backstage' in the new stock. I was over the moon. I tried it on and have to say I love it. It gives big lashes like Lancome's Hypnose Star (another fave of mine) but less smudgy and very Marianne Faithful circa her Mick Jagger period. Plus the packaging is perfection.



I actually got the flower power set but the colors are very similar. $12
So, I couldn't find the 'flower power' set online but this is the set that most closely resembles the colors included in the set I purchased. The packaging in my set is a pink base with a white/grey/orange flower print. The colors included are Peach Blossom (shimmery pink w/ almost coral sparkle), Pink Orchid (shimmery bright pink), and Lilac (very purple shimmer that actually goes on sheer and leaves a pinkish tint that looks amazing!). For $12, these sets are a steal! I used to be a bit biased against Stila because these sets are so inexpensive but Stila's makeup line has great quality.




Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Chimera $10
I love OCC's lip tars (right now I'm all about 'electric grandma') and this was a surprise to me. I love that they're doing nail color (OCC is 100% vegan and is anti-animal testing if the 100% vegan tag didn't imply that). I wasn't sure about what color I wanted but since I've been collection so many pinks and girlier colors, I decided to go with my gut and get something I've always liked but that's also on trend lol. So I went for 'Chimera' whose official description is 'opaque metallic mint' and looks exactly perfect for spring coolness.



I also got a couple of fragrance samples because I'm trying to expand my olfactory combos and these are the ones that stood out to me the most:

Anna Sui Flight of Fancy

I haven't really considered Anna Sui fragrances in a long time because they packaging looks very, well, teeny bopper but this citrusy floral fragrance (notes of grapefruit and guava) is actually really good. The bottle is expectedly zany (the topper looks like a peacock) but I'm very much considering getting a roller ball at the very least because I sincerely liked this scent and that is a very rare thing.


Balenciaga Florabotanica

I've been flip-flopping on Florabotanica for a while. I like the scent but then it changes but then I like it again but then it's too strong and on and on... I'm pretty sure I'll eventually cave and get it. I like the scent and the bottle would look magnificent on my dressing table.


Overall, I love everything I got but I just feel like I always end up getting something I didn't expect to get when I shop in-store. I've got a huge shopping list online and it keeps me organized but in the store, I go into 'kid in a candy/toy/crack shop' mode and cannot help myself!

I think my next haul will def. be of the online variety and probably pretty soon ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment