Thursday, April 25, 2013

Personal Post or Why I'm not going to a Wedding

While I await the new month of subscription boxes (I must mention that yesterday I got a dupe box with the samples I was missing courtesy of birchbox so I now have a cute little sample size J.R. Watkins balm and 2 Oribe shampoo/conditioner packets as well as 2 YES 2!! eye rollers!), I'm taking the time to write a personal post because, well, somebody hurt my feelings and this is my blog so I'm taking a little side-trip to self pity land.

I posted about a cousin's wedding a while ago and I was very much looking forward to my sartorial selection (I bought 2 formal dresses for nought, apparently) and was actually almost mildly excited to attend the wedding. However, facebook, once again, reveals all!

My mother and I were excluded from all of the events precluding the wedding while every other one of our female relatives wasn't and this includes the relatives we're in a fight with because their father is a raging cunt. Sooooo, it's clear that they do not wish our presence and honestly, after being rejected so many times, I don't want to see them either.

This, of course, comes on the heels of other wedding announcements in the same family (one cousin eloped, another just announced her engagement) and. well, we weren't invited to those events either. Now, there has always been friction with our (former) family but we weren't aware that we were this disliked. Most of the dislike is perpetuated by the lies (whoppers, I tell you! seriously, delusional doesn't do him justice) of the aforementioned raging cunt.

I feel hurt. I honestly do. I don't want to be but I am. Said cousin contacted me multiple times to get advice and to have me find stores/sales/blogs but I guess, to her, I was some sort of service person? The worse part is that I'm actually socioeconomically above them but they apparently think they're above me. It is hard to see that you won't ever be accepted by family. The worst part is that my father's family hates me too, it makes me think if I am at fault? However, dad's side are a total snake pit and their actions could easily be adapted into a very melodramatic telenovela.

I suppose I should've know I had it coming since they've never particularly shown me any love and I've never been included in their lives (I tried to befriend said cousins as a teenager but was roundly rejected) but I think most of the hate is just that, hate. It's non-sensical hate. I'm saddened by this rejection but there's nothing I can do about it. Nothing. Except not go to the wedding. I'm sure I'll be missed. LOL. If anything, I think they'll be glad I didn't show up and that's fine by me. I'm used to not having any paternal relatives (except my dad who is the definition of awesome) and now I have to get used to not having any maternal side relatives. I'm out. They definitely pushed for it and now I'm giving them the best gift, disappearing. Peace out, asshole relatives. I've got better things to do. Like wait for my May Julep upgrade box and my Popsugar box as well. Thank God for boxes and books and friends because otherwise, I might be a little sad ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment