Friday, April 12, 2013

Birchbox April Box Review

I just got my April Birchbox and was very excited to see the contents because I decided to stay un-spoiled this month and wait for the box to actually get to me before passing judgments.

I have to say I'm very satisfied with what I got.....that is to say, with what wasn't missing in the box.

Unfortunately, I don't know if it was due to human error or mechaniman (ha!) error but I got contents that looked like this:

This looks pretty awesome...until you realize 3 samples are missing! 
Pretty cool, huh?

Well, it would've been cooler had I also received (according to the insert) the following:

J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve

Oribe Shampoo & Conditioner for Beautiful Color

So, I got 3 out of 5 (I'm counting the shampoo/conditioner as one sample).

I've already emailed birchbox regarding this predicament and hope to get a quick response but for now, I'm stuck missing some samples that I now know I was really looking forward to.


On to the item by item review:

AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask

I actually got a sample of this elsewhere (I think it was from sephora?) and tried it about a week ago. My skin is super sensitive and the tiny grains you can feel in the mud seriously felt like tiny bits of glass! I couldn't stand to have it on my face for more than 20 seconds so a warning to all sensitive skinned peeps: be very careful when trying this mask. After my experience, I decided to give it away instead of risking another painful encounter. 6/10

J.R. Watkins Hand & Cuticle Salve

Didn't get it! I've emailed birchbox because it sucks but we'll find a way to fix it ;) 0/10


Oribe Shampoo & Conditioner for Beautiful Color

Didn't get this sample either!!  0/10


Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in Poppy 

Although I kind of begged last month to not be sent any more nail polish, here is another! However, the whole mood/ color changing thing seems novel so I'm happy to get it. Plus, the color is really cute. 8/10

Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-On

Simple is a mass market brand, I usually buy their stuff at target and I was surprised to see this in my box but it is a full size!! Also, they do mention that it isn't high-end but affordable and that is very cool. I like things like this, especially when they're full size and because I needed a new eye roll-on! This item, I think, is my favorite in the box! Almost forgot, there is also a $1.00 coupon included! Whoo, I'm getting me some more cleansing face towlettes!!!  10/10

A parting shot of my the box


Overall

I'm not very happy about missing out on 2 samples but I'm sure that'll be resolved fairly quickly. Fortunately, I really love what I did get and that's why I continue to be a faithful birchbox subscriber (it'll be a year next month!).


Box
Frequency
Monthly
Price:
10.00/monthly or you can prepay from 3 mos to a year. 
Perks:
Get 10 points for every item reviewed from your box plus points whenever you purchase something from the online store, 100pts= $10 discount and there's no limit! 
Recommend?
Yes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment