Thursday, February 28, 2013

Julep March Selections and why they're ehhh OK

These last couple of months, I've been all about pastels on my nails. This isn't a typical occurrence since I have always gravitated toward deep, dark colors and glitters but I don't know why but I've grown tired of them. So, I loved the neons in January's Julep box and went absolutely crazy on February's box but wasn't awed by the March selection. Why?

Well, as I said, I've been into pastels these past couple of months and that means that I've been buying lots of like colors. I bought Julep's 'Renee' and 'Blake' and Butter London's 'Fiver' (I'm still waiting for that to be delivered). So, when I saw that 'it girl' selection I was worried that I already had the colors included. Despite this, I still just had to have them. I know I don't have a great coral and how do I know if 'Shenae' is a 'Fiver' dupe? I guess I'll have to find out the hard way when I get them.

That's right, I couldn't help it!!!
As you might note, I was able to at least skip the add-ons. I didn't love any of the other colors enough to add them and 'Lucky' was yet another glitter that looks cute in the bottle but will probably be terrible to apply and then take off. So, I didn't add anything. I decided to just go for the basic box. Considering the fact that I've been adding stuff like crazy every month, I feel a teensy bit better for being able to stop myself from going overboard!!

I hope that these ship out soon (they billed me yesterday!) and I'm super looking forward to creating a pastel rainbow nail sort of look as soon as I get them. Springtime is coming and for once, I'm down for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment