Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shopping is my crack.

Ok, so I had the most terrible week. We're talking really sucky stuff so I didn't have the time or even the initiative to add an interesting post. Add to the fact that I have to move in a month and that all of my sub boxes for february have gotten mixed up for one reason or another, I felt that any post that might be produced in that mood would invariably be of the "woe is me" and "one more thing goes wrong and I shoot myself" variety. So, for your reading pleasure, I decided to avoid posting such things (with the exception of this explanation, obvs) and decided to lie in bed watching 'Bob's Burgers' and feeling sorry for myself.

Fortunately, I'm back to clogging up the internet with my opinions on random stuff and posting me boxes me cockney geezers!

So, while hating myself and wallowing in the suckiness of my current situation and having nightmares about being homeless (part of my real life problem pyramid loll), I decided to do some 'might as well buy some cool shit if everything is going to hell anyway' shopping. I started with Bauble Bar and bought these tiny additions:

Emerald Spike Studs $18





And

Iced Rose Love Studs $24


Aaaand 


Rose Bow Pendant $24


Plus, I got a mini Sephora haul including OCC Metallic Lip-tar in 'Electric Grandma'  and this cute scent sample box called Prelude to a Kiss that includes a rollerball version for free in addition to the samples for $20!! I also cashed in 500 of my VIB points and got a little buxom set that seems to not be available anymore *sad panda* and Benefit's Fine One One (I love it!) . Finally, I also got the other scent sample bag given away with a beauty insider code IMPRESS. I picked addictive because it includes Prada Candy and I've been wanting to buy that scent for a while. I've been wearing Prada's 'Infusion d'Iris' for years (in addition to Hermes' 'Jardin sur le Nile' and Chanel's 'Coco Mademoiselle' and Tocca's 'Cleopatra' but I want and NEED new scents. Therefore, I'll be getting lots of samples in order to decide what my next fragrances will be.


If anything, I've definitely gone a little crazy with the shopping in an attempt to distract myself from some pretty harsh issues surrounding my life and I don't recommend this course of action to ANYONE! It's a bad thing and I don't usually do it.

As I stated in my previous post, box reviews are super late this month because I can't seem to get any of them delivered to me without a myriad of bullshit issues. So, for now, I can only promise my my cotton bunny box  review tomorrow, a Julep review this upcoming week and possibly a birchbox review in the next couple of weeks. As I stated, Popsugar Must Have  are being a bit difficult to deal with after they messed up and apparently cancelled my sub so almost definite chances are I won't get the February box (and so, it's just bound to be the best yet! It probably has diamonds and chocolate kittens just because I'm missing it!!) and while this month's glossybox (which has an international theme this month) doesn't seem to be nearly as exciting as last month's man repeller collaboration to some girls, I can say that, to me, it looks pretty good. Sadly, it won't ship until the 3rd week of the month at the earliest. Looking at spoilers (they're out there and can be easily found) I love the items that might be included in this upcoming box and I've already bought an extra. So, that's it for the box news right now. If anything changes, you dear reader, shall be the first to know. 



Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment