Monday, February 11, 2013

Bits and bots

Well, I haven't posted much in the way of box reviews this month because some unseen evil force has seen to it that I don't get any of them!!! My birchbox is apparently snowed in, julep hasn't been delivered but should be this week, glossybox doesn't ship until the 19th at the earliest, and the worst of the worst, I'm having major issues with popsugar must have after they cancelled my subscription for no REASON! I did everything they asked and still nada. I even resubscribed immediately so you, dear reader, would get my review for the February box but they are not responding to my pleas and for now, I'm shit outta luck on February's box. This doesn't bode we'll for my typically unabashed ass kissing of PS because they're treating me like an idiot by not responding and or responding with a copy+paste letter saying 'too bad, so sad!' when they already have my money. This isn't to say I'm (let's use an eloquent and sophisticated word here) butthurt but well, yes I very much am.

On the "omg they're awesome front" My Cotton Bunny are sending me a box this month to review which I am very grateful and appreciative of and Birchbox did me a huge solid when the Macaron Limoges trinket box I ordered was delivered with multiple chips and their CS promptly sent me another and gave me 100 points (equaling $10) for use at their shop. If that isn't excellent customer service, I don't know what is!

In whaaaaa? News, I actually purchased the 2013 edition of seventeen magazine's prom issue today. Seeing as my prom was nearly a decade ago (holy shit I'm ancient) I hope I didn't look like a complete creepo whilst purchasing said magazine but I did take the time to explain that I'm in the market for a seriously formal dress for my cousin's wedding and I need ideas. Now why would I look at a prom magazine instead of vogue Paris, you might say? Well, my first thought for an outfit was a YSL (or is it SL now? I don't care it'll always be YSL TO ME!) tuxedo with a cigarette pant and no undershirt (this is where a lack of boobs is magnificent because no boobs: high fashion, yes boobs: slagarrific) and maybe some Prada pumps I've had my eye on. Unfortunately, after speaking to my brother and mother, I realized that this sartorial statement would be completely lost on a family who are, I kid you not, used to wearing miss universe type pageant dresses to weddings. Good taste is apparently equal to lots of cheap, shiny fabric and sparkles. Soooo, I'm now stuck trying to find a happy medium where I feel fashionable and held up to the highest standards of it (obvs would look right at home f-row) and some pageant-y taffeta disaster.

Moving on, my next post will be all about a new about to launch website and possibly new sub box named Revelry House. Who are they? What do they do? What are they offering? Is it something I'd be interested in? Does it include chocolate or space rocks? Lets find out together in a very special episode (ahem post) of  my bog.

Every day or night something new to make you go ewww (yep I just found my show's tagline, no contest).

No comments:

Post a Comment