Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Julep February Box Review



~Bonjour Bitches~ (obviously spoken with a stereotypical french accent) 

I finally (after a huge roundabout trail taken by my box, not typical of Julep deliveries) got my FEBRUARY JULEP BOX!!! A typical "It Girl", I chose the "Bombshell" box this month because of the Oxygen Nail Treatment. Therefore, I got 2 nail colors, 'Ginger' and 'Laura' plus the Oxygen Nail Treatment and the gifted FREEDOM Top Coat aaaand an eyelash curler! I really didn't expect an extra gift after the topcoat and haven't gotten an eyelash curler in a very long time so I love it. 

*Note the flash on my camera is terrible and I can't seem to take it off, thus the pics are wayyyy poop but you get the picture (pun intended)*


The Whole Box 

Out of the box

Freedom Top Coat and Oxygen Nail Treatment


Another full box pic because who doesn't want to open a box to see this!

Ignore the background, my room is a mess because I'm moving ;) 



I couldn't just settle for the basic box and added the maximum amount of add-ons: 3. I also used 750 of my JULES to get one of the add-ons for free. So, I was only billed for 2 add-ons: 'Rebel' and 'Oscar' + 'Jane' for free. 

So, on to reviews: 

Ginger and Laura


Pardon the pic, 'Laura' does not photograph well with my camera. Plus the plastic wrap doesn't help with the shine. 

Ginger: I love it!!! This is part of the new holographic range and the neutral golden color is fantastic for daily wear. That extra sparkle only serves to make it prettier. In my opinion (and only mine), I'd give this color 10/10 

Laura: I'm not a lover of this color. The khaki green is not my style. I've purchased similar colors before but I just don't feel that it has enough kick. I'm basically a magpie when it comes to nails and jewelry (and house decor and everything!!! Sparkles, I need them to exist!!!!!). Thus, 'Laura' is definitely my least favorite color of this box. I know people who do nail art might be able to use it for maybe a camo look or stripes but I don't usually do nail art (I need tools to really get into it) and for them, I say go for it and make it look awesome. I actually gifted it to my mom so it'll get worn instead of sitting around unopened. I don't like to ever have things I don't actually use, it feels like a total waste. So, 6/10. 

Freedom Top Coat and Oxygen Nail Treatment

Oxygen Nail Treatment (™): Billed as makeup for your nails, 'oxygen..' is meant to repair and fix over stressed nails. As you can see in the pic, it has a light pink sheen and apparently as glossy finish. It isn't meant to be used as a base or topcoat, to be clear. It is meant as a mid-week or maybe sunday remedy for over abused nails (like mine loll) and I love the idea enough that I switched my 'It Girl' box to 'Bombshell' to get it. No score since I haven't tried it  yet. 

Freedom (™) Polymer Top Coat: This one IS a topcoat. It is meant to be super fast drying and give a gel nail cured level of protection. I'm very excited to try it but I can't give it a score until I do. 


Left to right: Oscar, Rebel, Jane


Oscar: GOLD. GLITTER. Those two words and I'm sold. I'd been eyeing Oscar for a while and seeing it as an add-on pushed me to finally get it. I love it and plan to wear it ASAP. 10/10

Rebel: This is a silver holographic. I don't wear a lot of silver lately and I have a butter london color from the A/W 12 collection that could be a dupe but I really like the look of it. Plus, it's namesake is no other than Rebel Wilson, a super funny chunky girl who was awesome in 'Pitch Perfect'. I really like her and combined with the holographic concept, I'm DTW all the way. 9/10

Jane: This color (one of my favorites already, to be honest) is a Rose Gold Glitter with full coverage. It is named for the founder of Julep, Jane Park and I think it is/was meant to be a special edition lacquer. I love everything rose gold right now (if you look at my previous post with my recent BAUBLEBAR LINK purchases, you can see just how much) and I cannot wait to put this color on as soon as I'm done writing this review!  10/10 just for the color ;D 

The surprise gift: an eyelash curler!! 

So, another month that I have been completely unable to skip the Julep February Maven Box box as I had previously planned and I'm happy I didn't. This box has got to be one of my favorites (I also really enjoyed January and the least liked was november which I just couldn't skip because that's my birthday month) and I seriously hope that the March selection isn't equally as awesome because then I'll be screwed and unable to say no to such awesome products. 


Recommend Sub? YES

Link: Julep

Frequency/Price: Monthly/ 19.99

*Special info/perks: You can skip any month you want without canceling. Box purchases and referrals earn you Jules you can use to pay for add-ons and full on boxes. There is always a special surprise included besides the stuff you selected. This month, my box included two red foil wrapped chocolate hearts. Super pretty plus YUMMMMM. 

Overall, this box is a 10 for me. I love and will use everything in it and that is the mark of a good box. 

Coming up: my long awaited (lolll) My Cotton Bunny review. Pictures have been uploaded and items enjoyed. Review is ready to go like Major Tom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment