Thursday, February 28, 2013

Birchbox February Review aka Tears in Mah Eyes!

Well, it's the 28th of February. I know everyone is getting ready for their March Birchbox already but I, the poor denizen of the west coast, just got mine. I was super excited about this box. My page showed hair spray and chocolate and a full size lip gloss!!!! How lucky was I? I didn't deserve this level of awesomeness, did I?

It turns out I didn't and I didn't get THAT box at all. Instead, ye (or me?) of too much faith, I got a box that made me literally squeak with anger. This box was the opposite on the awesomeness spectrum and it made me SAD.

First World Problems? YES
On to the reviewing:

Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel: 

Why? Why? Why? It's soap, SOAP!!! Look, I like soap as much as the next hygienic gal but soap is one of the most depressing items to get in a sub box. Why? Because it's fucking SOAP!!!!! 0/10

Dr. Lipp  Original Nipple Balm for Lips:

The name is a huge turnoff. Look, my lips aren't udders and the name is gnarly as hell. Plus, the sample is incredibly tiny. Not enough to even figure out if the benefits can overcome the horrible name. -1/10

Twistband (tm) Headband Collection:

I always appreciate a headband and love twistband. The dullish pink color of said headband isn't fantastic but I will definitely be using this often. 8/10

Color Club Fiesta Collection Nail Color in Wild Cactus: 

I know that green is the it color according to pantone (for this year at least) but I got a polish last month and the month before. I sub to nail polish box already and don't really need a zillion more samples in colors that I may or may not like (mostly not like). Fortunately, this green is cute. 6/10

Ghirardelli Milk & Caramel Chocolate Squares: 

It's chocolate!!! A small square that leaves you wanting more but it's CHOCOLATE. It doesn't really add value to the box but it does add yummies to my belly. 10/10

Overall: 

I love chocolate and headbands but soap and nipple (ewwwww) balm are not my style. With my (not real math, as in I'm not actually averaging the scores) math, I'll give this box a 6/10. There are a couple of huge no-no's, 1 ugh but I can tolerate it, and 2 cool but could be betters. Hopefully, next month I'll actually know what I'm getting. If it's nail polish or soap, I'll explode into a fury of makeup related crazies ;)








No comments:

Post a Comment