Sunday, February 17, 2013

Revelry House? Who and What are they?

There seems to be a rumor on the streets (of the internet obvs) that there is a new lifestyle/party website (oh and subscription box) waiting in the wings to blow us all away. Is it true?

Well, here are the limited deets (aka as much as I could glean from limited sources):

Revelry House

So, I initially heard about this because RH was part of the Bauble Bar pop-up event this month. I wondered, who are these peeps? Name sounds cool but who?

As of now, RH only has a page with confetti and an RSVP link to add your email to the list for the "grand opening". Initially, there was only a mention of the website but now, it's very clear that there is a box involved.  When you RSVP, you fill out a quiz about which parties/holidays you're most into and a couple of other questions. I'm definitely expecting something very interesting and here's why:

The founders are Lo Bosworth (of unfortunately reality show fame) and a partner. This initially disheartened me very much until I realized the following: a spoiled rich girl should have a faint idea about what cute stuff is, right? She should have a pretty good idea of what other girls around her age want. That's why I'm actually looking forward to this box.

For now, I'm visualizing something like birchbox's LE lifestyle box (with a price tag to match since at $49, this box wasn't cheap) and I'm a little bit jealous of one of the founders (ugh, you're wealthy and jumping into a rapidly growing sector and I knew this two years ago but I'm poor!!!) but that probably won't deter me from spending cash to see what they came up with.

The most we know about Revelry House.... right now.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Leslie,

    Wanted to let you know that Revelry House is launching on June 3 with our first party collection for sale - 4th of July. Please sign up at www.revelryhouse.com and check us out at launch time!

    Warmly. Christianne
    Co-Founder, Revelry House

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like Revelry House is up and running now. I checked out their website and they don't seem to have a lot of different options up there. They seem to have a lot of "mini-collections" as opposed to 'full-size' collections. When you open up a box, there doesn't seem to be a lot of items included in each box. Some colored straws and forks? I thought it might be a bit more than utensils. Some of the collections, like the holiday ones have a few more favors included, but I don't see the hype- or maybe I am not getting it? I definitely enjoy throwing get-togethers both big and small, formal and casual, and RH doesn't seem to have a varied selection so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina!

      I think I have to agree. It was kind of a letdown when I got to see the launch and honestly, I can get paper straws and forks at target (seriously, they have some awesome little black/white paper straws for Halloween as well as black/orange cocktail hour forks in stock right now) for about $1 per set. There just has to be more to get me (and I'm guessing many others) to actually put down a considerable chunk of money and for me to just be able to get excited about it period.

      Thanks for commenting!! :D

      Delete