Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Cotton Bunny February Box Review

Drumroll Please..........


Finally, YES FINALLY! My MY COTTON BUNNY BOX review is here!

I got the box yesterday but I wanted and needed enough time to really enjoy it and think about the products. As I've mentioned before, I'm already a bit biased in my love for MCB and so, I decided to keep cool and let clear heads prevail while reviewing said box. But yeah, it's better than le parcel so they can suck it!

Let us start with the box itself:

Yes, my desk is mess, it's a juvenile success...


A look inside the box as it is opened:

What secrets lie inside? 



Now, to the good part, the review of every item included!

To start with, the February box has a "Tealight Bundle" theme and the items are well curated in order to fit the bill. The essential part of the box is included (I didn't make any specific requests regarding that so these are standard. Each girl can pick her own selection of menstrual products) and the extra treats are divided into the following categories: 1. Treats, 2. Gifts, and 3. Bonus.

There's a cool little card explaining the month's theme and describing the items included (use as caption)

Made extra large so you can attempt to read it.

Inside the box


Now, to the good stuff:


Tampons!

U by Kotex Click Tampons Regular 18ct

Ok, so as I mentioned I didn't make any specific requests but these are a great thing to have. No qualms on this. Not the sort of thing you think about until you need it. Total disclosure and tmi: I keep one in my purse at all times in case of an "emergency". 8/10


I literally could find no way to exhibit it right but trust me, it's pretty.  
Black Crochet Headband

 This is possibly my favorite thing in the box. It is soooo pretty when you put it on but the pics I took do it no justice. This is one of the many times I wish I owned a mannequin head. It would so be worth it's cost in uses. As I said, the pics suck at Fox News level suckitude level (that's orange alert suckiness) and do not show just how pretty this thing is. It has almost a turban feel and a flower that makes it look even cuter. I'm a huge headwear fiend (ahem... Blair Waldorf = Fashion Spirit Animal) and this makes a lovely addition to my collection. 10/10

Bone Meal and Earwig Honey? 
Small Bag of Sweethearts Conversation Hearts

The little hearts we all know and love. To look at. Seeing as it's February, the addition of a valentine's treat is pretty much standard with sub boxes and this one is no exception. They're really cute but I'm glad the bag is small. They're not particularly edible or a priority for me so I'll definitely keep them as decoration and they'll get stolen by my sugar addicted dad or brother. 6/10 because chocolate is always the right choice. Always.


A tea... party? 
Chocolate Mint Truffle Tea (1 bag)

This 'Mighty Leaf Tea' brand tea bag is, as the name implies, chocolate mint truffle flavored. As I've repeatedly mentioned, I love chocolate!!! However, I don't love tea (womp womp womp) so I'm not elated but chocolate tea sounds like a treat. Enough so that I'll definitely drink it and I can't say that about all of the other teas I've gotten in different boxes. However, I have to say: enough with the tea!!!! Why does everyone send tea?? I don't know if everyone drinks tea in the US like they do in the UK (seriously, it's almost as if they think you're an asshole if you don't) but I'm not a huge tea drinker. I suspect many subs send tea because it's probably a low cost way to add something to the box. Maybe so, but do it every so year or so, not every month because thanks to many boxes, there will be no dearth of tea in my home for a very long time. 7/10

Crystals of good smells


Hawaiian Fragrance Crystals Fragrance Crystals baggie

That's not a typo, the name of the company is Hawaiian Fragrance Crystals and it's pretty clear from that what we're gonna get. It's a small baggie (fits in the inside your palm) but the smell is STRONG. Mine smell like peach maybe and I like them. Considering my room currently smells of dogs and cat (seriously. 2 dogs and 1 kitten that love to sleep in here), this little bag with a very strong scent is a great treat. However, I can see how someone who doesn't like the specific smell might completely hate it. It really does depend on your olfactory tastes (lolll that just sounds wrong), I think olfactory preferences is more accurate. 9/10

Light my....fire?
Floating Tea Candle (1)

A tiny candle that on first inspection looked at lot like those you can get at ikea for like $5 for a 20 piece set. However, it smells good (like strawberry maybe?) and can purportedly float. It's a cute addition but not a huge treat. 7/10


So, those are the items included in February's box. In addition, I got a great letter from the CEO which of course made me feel awesome. A last look:

Personally addressed to me!


Recommend Sub: Yes, with reservations*


Frequency/Price: $13.75/Monthly (I assume this is implied considering the nature of said sub haha)

Special Notes/Perks: According to the insert card, those who review the monthly box on subscriptionboxes.com/my-cotton-bunny and let MCB know through their facebook page, get a special treat in their box the following month. This month's responders received an amazon gift card (damn, I wish I had that!)


*I'm guessing there's a certain type of girl that will enjoy these boxes more and who might have to be interested in this type of thing before subbing. It's definitely the one to go with if you go.

Disclosure: This box was given to me by MCB but I do NOT engage in false advertising or pandering. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and only mine and are in no way influenced by MCB.





















No comments:

Post a Comment