Saturday, August 31, 2013

Whimseybox August '13 Review

Yay!!

Today I got my August whimseybox and it was just in time considering September starts in a few hours!! As anyone might notice, I love love love da whimseybox and since I re-subbed, I've been faithfully crafting like a mofo (seriously, you guys should see my 'office' (aka extra bedroom),  where there are many a whimseybox strewn about! I'm very happy with this month's project theme: 'Bead All the Things"and you'll see why ;)

The anticipation!



Pretty!! 

Yep, I just realized it's upside down but it's still so pretty!! 

So, what is the theme for this month's whimseybox?

It's bracelet time! 

The great part: it comes with enough material for two bracelets!! 

So, the August project is a DIY Beaded Wrap Bracelet! I love that I'll be able to make myself a little bracelet because I've always been nervous about starting jewelry projects (I'm always sure they'll result in complete suckage). However, this one comes with all the necessary tools and instructions so it'll be a lot harder to mess up (though not impossible because, well, I'm still me!) It comes with enough tools to make two bracelets, one in white and another in green. As soon as my mom saw this, she requested the white bracelet so I better not mess this one up!

Lots o' stuff for a bracelet! 

This pic is with flash because I'm in a very dark room (not a darkroom lol). 


It seems like a lot of stuff but that's not all:

A clipboard was hidden at under the shredded paper! 

I want to make this a shirt or a giant poster because I LOVE IT

And what's taped to the back? A needle for the threading portion of the project. 

Now, how do I feel about this month's whimseybox? I fucking love it! There are some months where I like the project and then lose interest but this is a project that I'm 100% looking forward to starting and finishing! I seriously think it's such a great and original box because it doesn't just cater to makeup like most mainstream subs and it has crafts! Good crafts! Crafts you like and that are worth the price! Crafts you enjoy and don't feel ripped off about! I can't say enough things about this month and I've recently gotten sucked into the black hole of craft awesome that is whimseybox's shop. They have a set of Martha Stewart neon glitters that I must make mine.

My only teeny hope? Please, please, please do a Halloween box, whimseybox!!! Since you guys ship late in the month, September would be a great month to do it, yes?

Crafts + Halloween= my CRACK!! (meant as a reference to the drug not... uh... my butt)

I was lucky enough (yes, lucky!!) to find Martha Stewart's 2013 Halloween special magazine at Target yesterday and omfg. Omfg I need to make everything and especially these light up lumiere tombstones! Ok, I'll stop before I take up six pages of writing about how much I love Halloween, crafts, and Martha Stewart so I shall stop now. All that's left to say is this: I love whimseybox. I really do!

Box:
Frequency:
Monthly
Price:
$15/month but $10 for 1st month here; they'll also be introducing Whimseybox Pro where if you get a 3mo. or longer sub, you get free shipping in the shop. 
Perks
Ability to earn free boxes! 
Recommend
Yes! I'm currently freakin' happy with this month's project and I'd legit miss this box if I unsubscribed (unlikely right now, to be honest). However, please remember that you should only subscribe if you actually love crafting or really want to try a project or two to get started. Another pro worth mentioning is that this sub is accessible for beginners and has relatively uncomplicated projects so if you're new to the crafting craze, you can definitely start here (no scary words like purl or selvage here!)



 As I always say, don't spend your money on anything you don't love! 

2 comments:

  1. My box hasn't arrived yet, but I'm so excited for this box. It looks like a fun and useful craft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! The bracelets are very cute even though I did poke myself with the needle more than once ;)

      Delete