Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sephora VIB Rouge (?!!!!)

Ok, so this post isn't related to the typical box reviews but I feel that this news warranted some love.

As a makeup junkie (which, to be honest, most of us who love sub boxes are), I love sephora and ulta with a passion. I'm at platinum status at ulta (which you get to with a minimum spend of $350.00 each calendar year) and up to a couple of days ago, I was a VIB at sephora (again $350 minimum annual spend) which is a lot when you add it up.

Well, it turns out that I've spent just a leeetle more at sephora than that $350 VIB minimum. How do I know? Those who visit the sephora forums knew a couple of weeks ago about the the brand new VIB Rouge. VIB Rouge hasn't really been announced to the general public yet as the big unveiling of sorts will be on the week of August 12th, 2013. That week will celebrate the newly revamped beauty insider programs and the addition of VIB Rouge. More importantly, that week will be celebrated by extra points for purchases: 2X for regular beauty insiders, 3X for VIBs, and 4X for VIB Rouge.

What could this little box contain?!?


I can't say I'm not excited about getting 4X the points for my purchases! I think I'll at least try to scrounge up $100 because that would translate into 400 points!

Plus, there will be 5k and 10k point rewards only available to VIB Rouge but they're incredibly limited (I'm not dealing with that headache since the fine print reads like a friggin contest) and 10,000 points is a LOT.

However, I still haven't explained what VIB Rouge is and how you can get to that level (if you want, of course) so here are the basic deets (you could check sephora's page but what would be the fun in that? lol):

I'm apparently at the top, I like it ;)


VIB Rouge 

$1,000.00 Minimum spend every calendar year (Jan-Dec) to maintain status.

There will be special seasonal events and gifts available exclusively to VIB Rouge.

Free shipping on all orders at Sephora.com

Plus you get a fancy new shiny red card (that is damn near impossible to take a picture of!!) and a little bite lipstick brand surprise (see below) is also included in the VIB Rouge kit you get at the store once you're deemed 'rouge' (if you order online, apparently the card won't be included and since I love the card, I'd say go to the store to get it if you can).

My first attempt to take a picture of the card. You can barely see it!

Another futile attempt to capture the beauty of the card. 
My favorite part of the kit: Bite VIB Rouge Deluxe Sample Lipsticl

It's a bright red and yes, I'd already tried it on lol

As you can see, the card is really hard to take a legit pic of because it's so shiny and red! But, there lipstick was way easier to capture and the creamy texture and color are niiiiice. I'd recommend buying BITE lip products either way because they're smell great/are generally organic-ish/

Also, yes that is some of my makeup collection in the background *blushes*....


Sooooo, overall, I'm pretty happy with the inclusion of VIB Rouge but that might be because I almost automatically qualified. However, I know some peeps might be either just regular beauty insiders or VIB's and might not be so happy about it. I know I'd be pretty worried if I was still a VIB that the VIB Rouge program would get all the good stuff since there have been complaints that the VIB program has steadily declined over the years. We'll see where it goes and what differences it might have from the regular VIB program. I have a niggling doubt that this program was introduced because the regular VIB program got too large and sephora might be too errrmmm pragmatic to want to distribute that many 'perks' to a large group. In the end, I don't really know... but I do know I'm pretty happy to 'be at the top' ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment