Sunday, August 4, 2013

August Box Time

Ahhhh, the beginning on the month, ripe with box possibilities. As well all know, this is about the best time of the month for sub boxes because we're waiting to be surprised by what they have in store for us. For example, ipsy has already shown us sneak previews that include Urban Decay's Revolution lipstick (a fantastic sample considering how new the lipstick line is) and we know that popsugar is including an extra special gift in the shape of necklace (estimated to be worth ~$60.00) plus we know that birchbox always brings the goods so I'm pretty excited to share the reviews with you guys.

Now to some housekeeping of sorts:

Some might notice that a julep review wasn't posted this month and I'll tell you why: I skipped!

It had been impossible to skip before but finally (finally!) August's theme and products just didn't make me go obsessive like they usually do. The theme was 'garden party' and the 'it girl' profile (my usual) included an espresso color as well as an orange color, I've got plenty of oranges and don't really rock browns on my nails so this month was a complete bust. Hopefully, the September box will make an impact and if not, I'll tell you guys on the very 20th whether I'm skipping or not!

In addition, there was a long period of my not posting. Why? Well.... my internet was kaput. As a starving student, my ahem economic status is pretty crappy right now and this month's bill was pretty high. Let's just say I had to take some time to recoup the funds necessary to come back to my glorious blog!


Finally, I have a review coming soon!

Whimseybox, purveyor of all cute crafty stuff, sent me the July box and I'm ready to share it with you all. I'm guessing that, thanks to my unwanted hiatus, many of you might've already seen it but I must review it, if only because I love their stuff lol

So, let's get back to business !


5 comments:

  1. you are too funny.

    i skipped julep, only on accident. my cc got hacked. (cc's fault not mine). a bunch of things got skipped!

    i had totally forgotten about julep and forgotten to do anything before the selection window closed and i was just glad my cc messed up to prevent it from going.

    i'd better get caught up before the next batch rushes in! i still have to do my actual whimsey craft. thank you for your review, it got me to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and ps hope they gave you your credit for it. it took me about a MONTH to sign up for it everything was all messed up because of my apostrophe. much like it is with google.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad my review helped you decide to sub to whimseybox! I feel like they're a bit underrated because they're not a makeup sub so I love to know that more people are into them:)

      Speaking of CC probs, I know all about them since my bank messed up my account and then tried to blame me! The worst part was that even when the bank manager accepted it was their fault and started calling the higher ups, they kept accusing me (and him!) of lying!

      Also, I almost always forget to skip jewelmint until the 4/5th, if at all! I'm glad you were able to avoid getting accidentally charged for Julep :) In my opinion, the options for August just weren't anything to get really excited about so I was happy to skip and put that cash aside for next month's sub boxes.

      Finally (to end a long-ass response), I haven't checked if I got a referral credit but all the credit I need is knowing I helped someone find something they enjoy, that's what makes me happy to have this blog <3

      Delete
  2. This will be the first month I get ipsy, and I'm so excited. Oh, and Whimseybox too. So this month will be awesome for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. congrats! :D I'm sure you'll love them both!

      Delete