Sunday, May 5, 2013

Coco Rocha May FancyBox

I've been away for a while because I've been a tad sick and a sick Leslie is a cranky Leslie. Thus, my posts would be along the lines of "aghhhhh everything sucks!!!!!!" and that's not what this teeny blog is about. Sooo, let's get down to business.

I received the May edition of the Coco Rocha Fancybox (to be known as CR Fancybox for the rest of the post because yeahhh although now it seems like the initials are for Carine Roitfeld which I wish omg do I wish she would do a box) today! The amount of items, I have to say, on first sight look quite paltry. I wasn't incredibly excited when I opened the box but now that I've had a bit of time to mull things over, I'm satisfied.

4 items and that is IT. Am I happy? hmmm. 
Ok, so on to the item by item review where I'll whine about the fact that I didn't get a billion things ;)

TKO Tivoli Rubber Watch in Pink

Apparently the MSRP for this watch is $135 so it is considered the big ticket item in the box. It's bright pink and has rhinestones around the face. It is all rubber but the molded links are kind of cool because they make the watch look quite interesting. I didn't think I'd like it and was ready to sell it on ebay or something but I tried it on and lo and behold, I actually like it! I even wore it to go out for some drinks (or really drinking) tonight. I didn't expect to like it and I'd never purchase anything like this on my own so I'm actually glad to have gotten it. 9/10

All Purpose Greeting Card

This one I'm not so happy about. While it is pretty awesome, it was also included in the first and last regular fancy box that I purchased. It really doesn't scream fashion, fun, or value so I'm disappointed to see it thrown in to make up the amount of things. It reminds me of the popsugar must have April box debacle where there were too few items because the pushed in an apparent big ticket item that most people might not like or want (like perfume!!! Really popsugar?!?!). So, yes I was pissed to see this in the box even though it's pretty f-ing funny and I already have one (operative phrase: I ALREADY HAVE ONE FROM THE SAME COMPANY)  0/10

Heels Door Holder

This particular item is definitely interesting. It's a bright read rubbery doorstop in the shape of a pointed pump. While a doorstop doesn't really seem like an essential, the style is very in keeping with the assumed Coco Rocha aesthetic expected in the box. It is quite cute and I'm currently just using it as a tchotchke on my bookshelf. 9/10

Creature Cup in Octopus

This item is awesome. On the outside it just seems like a regular coffee cup but on the inside lurks an octopus!! You can't really seem him in the above picture but the pic below this shows the awesomeness of which I speak. I love it. I'm not even going to use it as a coffee cup, this octopus creation is staying on my bookshelf or desk where I can daily bask in its complete awesomeness. Seriously, this cup saved the box for me. I'm even thinking of placing some of my rings on the tentacles.... 10/10 !!!


Octopus Magic and the Bright red pump that looks disturbingly pink in this picture
Overall

I can't say I'm overwhelmed with joy with how great this particular edition is but it isn't near the worst of what we could've gotten. I'm not happy with the greeting card but the octopus cup makes up for it. I just think that maybe these boxes should try to stick to including smaller, less pricey items in larger numbers. I know that I probably would've been happier with 6 relatively cheaper things than this box that assumes that people will like the watch (I'm keeping mine but I expect there'll be an ebay glut of them soon. I'm solidly keeping the sub for another month but this wasn't my favorite box. Here's hoping June's box is better ;)


Box:
Price
39.99 + 7.95 shipping
Frequency:
Monthly. Boxes are sent/delivered around the 30th of every month. 
Perks
You can earn credits of $5, $10, etc when using your personal link to refer friends to the fancy website. 
Recommend
Yes! The CR Fancy Box is definitely the choice for the girlier girls amongst us and it isn't based on makeup/skincare only like other boxes tend to be. It's a lifestyle box and it seems to skew younger than popsugar whose items tend to work for the 18-40 demo while this box seems very much to top out at maybe early 30's (I'm in my 20s so I love it but I don't know if anyone in their 40s would). I say if you want to try a fancy box, then try this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment