Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Julep's June Selection Window is Open!

Soooo, the selection window actually opened yesterday but I was dealing with the beginnings of a mega cold (I'm soldiering through right now) and every time I even looked at my laptop screen, I felt like I was going to puke my guts out. Now, with a little (a LOT) of medication, I'm at least stable enough to tell my favorite peeps all about June's Julep goodies.

The theme this month is Nantucket Nostalgia. So I'm guessing that translates into east coast-y preppy j/crew'y stuff and maybe primary colors? stripes? boat shoes? (I love boat shoes btw. LOVE. THEM. and I don't care what Posh Spice says). Here is the concept preview:

There once was a man in Nantucket...

The big draw of Julep's June box is the introduction of their DD Cream. Yes, you read that right. DD cream. While I'm sure ZZ (top) cream will exist pretty soon, DD cream is here, it seems. Most of the profiles, barring only 'it girl', will get the DD cream in their June box. 'It girl' will only have 3 colors.

Typically, I'm an 'it girl' but this month, I decided to try a little switcheroo. See, I'm currently up to my ears in nail polish and was seriously considering skipping after last month's 1920's/Gatsby theme that made me upgrade to the full set. I decided to at least try to be prudent this month and skip but alas I couldn't do it. While I'm not interested in 'it girl' (too many similar colors and nail colors in total), this month 'modern beauty' is right up my alley. Why? because as you may know, 'modern beauty' is the no nail polish all product profile. For this month, they're offering the DD cream plus their new DD concealer (it seems to be creamy as well). Seeing as I'm always in the mood for new makeup, this selection is way better and I'm glad that profile was recently introduced. I'm guessing it makes it harder for some girls (ahem me) to try to skip a month. Here are my current selections:




As you can see, I didn't get any add-ons even though the offered foundation brush is tempting me so much (alas at $25, it would completely break my promise to myself to spend less on Julep this month. I also noticed and find it pretty cool that the DD cream comes in 4 shades: Light, Medium, Medium Dark, and Dark. No joke, I've seen BB creams that offer Fair, Light, and Light/Medium. While it's pretty easy for me to find a shade, it pisses me off to think that there are girls out there that can't.

I'm hoping to stay strong and not grab any add-ons but omg, Julep is like a drug. Plus, getting BB cream (or DD, whatever!) and concealer for $20 is pretty awesome.

Since I feel like crap due to the lovely summer cold I just caught, I'll go ahead and post the other profile selections:





Options, options. Again, if you want to try Julep and like makeup maybe this is the month. Ugh, looking at the other options makes me want to add on so much more stuff!!! I need to finish this post asap!!!

Box:
Frequency:
Monthly, selection window 20-24th of the month. 
Price
19.99
Perks:
Ability to skip months, ability to earn jules to get free add-ons and boxes.
Current Discount Codes:
FREEBOX (1st month free) 
BEAUTYBIO (fill out your beauty bio and you get a code for 50% off any nail color)
PENNY (1st box for a penny) 










No comments:

Post a Comment