Thursday, October 10, 2013

October Boxes: September Whimseybox, Julep, etc.


Hey guys,

I'm sorry I took so long to come back but between my cat passing away and all the work I've had, it hasn't been easy to carve out a time to write. Now back to what matters: boxes!

There's also another reason why I haven't posted any review this month: I haven't gotten any of my boxes yet! I'm serious!!! I don't know what's going on but apparently Julep is having issues with my credit card for no reason and they still haven't sent me the October box I want so very, very much and all the other boxes, I haven't even gotten shipment notifications for!! I've been having a box dry spell these past two weeks because I'm pretty broke but I need NEED NEED!!!!! to find a job so I can buy myself some cute stuff. My birthday is in less than a month (11/11!!) and I have no idea what I'm going to do or if I'm even going to be able to get myself any gifts. Regardless, I love buying myself stuff and as soon as I can afford it, I shall pamper myself as much as humanly possible. We're talking sephora, macarons, a very very long list of books on my amazon wish list that I want to get, a lots o' clothes (especially a new fall coat! first rain in like 6 months today in socal!)

Before I forget, I did get September's whimseybox. Unfortunately, for me, it was total suckitude. It was the first box that I wasn't excited for at. ALL. Why? Well, September's project is called "macrame all the things". Unfortunately (for me, again), I don't really like macrame. Ok, I freaking hate it and any item that I could make would clash with my decor so much that well it isn't even worth it. Fortunately (finally a fortunately) my mother was there to take it off my hands about as soon as it was delivered. She seemed excited to try macrame and who am I deny my mommy some craft love? Especially if I'll never do that project myself? So, the box was gone and gone before I could take any pictures and that is why I haven't posted an individual review.

Since I hate not giving you guys pretty things to look at, I recommend hustling it over to the Whimseybox website where the project, pics, and instructions are all available. There are also other (better!) projects they have instructions for and their shop is addictive. I'm into making the sequin pumpkin project and wanted to get me a nice poo-kin today but couldn't because of the lovely, lovely rain. If you have lived in the UK, you have to be able tolerate rain. I don't only tolerate it, I love it! I love cloudy days and finally being able to wear my sweaters from my awesome sweater collection rather than padding around the house in skimpy and uglyyy pj's just to keep cool (the summer was never-ending this year. Yesterday was the first day that the temp lowered from 80 f)


Ok, so now you guys know everything about my current box status. As soon as I start getting my beloved boxes, I'll post reviews and tell you guys what's what' For now, I'm going to start watching my collection of Halloween episodes of TV Shows (I really do have a considerable collection on my imac because as you all might know I'm obsessed with halloween!!!!!) and have some relaxing Leslie time. Ooooh, I'm also excited about watching the 'Regular Show' Fright Pack (halloween episodes dvd)! I'm not one of those people that thinks they're too old for cartoons. I love cartoons and will keep watching them as long as they're fun to watch.

Age ain't nothin' but a number!


2 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed in the Sept Whimseybox. Macrame is not something I want to do. I still have my box that has basically been untouched. Not sure what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Such a waste of 15 bucks :( I feel bad for touting the awesomeness of this sub and then getting this box o' crap. Hopefully, it's an aberration in an otherwise great sub.

      Delete