Friday, October 25, 2013

FabFitFun Fall '13 Box Review



Well hellloooo! 


This month has been goddamn near magnificent for the big boxes (aka popsugar must have and the following review) and I'm very, very excited to show you guys what I got this season in the FabFitFun Fall box. Although, it is missing an item and it's being shipped separately (I already got the shipping notice because they're awesome), the things included are pretty great. This box is definitely a keeper. 

Cute stuff.

A close up of the small stuff.


whooo!


Gorjana Canary Scarf

So pretty!! That was the first thought that popped into my mind when I saw this scarf. It's a gray (yay for gray!) scarf with hot pink birds. It doesn't really sound amazing as described but it is! Plus, it retails for ~$57 so the scarf itself is more than the price of the whole fabfitfun box. The Gorjana brand was also featured in the popsugar October box but to less success since the bracelet sent out was imp sized. Fortunately for us who are not of the very mini wristed type, this scarf fits all and is perfect for the sudden onslaught of fall weather (finally!!!!) that has gotten everything chilly and leaves are falling and..... it's perfect! 11/10



Barre3 Standing Slim DVD and online program

I'm so lazy but I love yoga (and all those ballet combo types) dvds and well, I tend to mainly do exercise routines from DVDs because I'm way to cheap (and lazy) to pay a gym every month (plus that cash goes towards all the boxes I review here!!) so this is a great addition to the box. However, this workout actually made me sweat (a lot!) so that was simultaneously awesome/terrible because sweating is ughhhh. Try it, it's actually fun and challenging (the perfect combo) 10/10



Starlooks 5 Shade Shadow Palette in St. Tropez 

Starlooks has slowly but surely become a great go-to brand. I was lucky enough to win a free box about a year ago but I've never gotten around to actually subbing. However, this shadow palette has forced me to sub. I love it! Five neutral colors (four have shimmer but the black is matte!!) with a substantial amount of product and a smooth application. I'm finally a starlooks convert (look for my review of November's box) and I'm even considering buying some boxes from previous months, especially that one with green shimmer because while a weird choice, the possibilities are endless! The palette retails for $41 on the starlooks site so we are definitely getting the bang for our buck with this box! 11/10 



Orville Redenbacher Popcorn (Sea salt and Butter) 

I'm not a huge microwave popcorn (or any popcorn really) fan so this item promptly went into the hands of my popcorn addict father (seriously! His eyes lit up when I gave him the popcorn!) This popcorn is supposed to be a healthier variation on the typical microwave popcorn and according to my father's glowing accolades, they're really good! It's an interesting item to put in the box and though it won't be to everyone's taste, those who do like popcorn are going to be happy. 8/10 



Mini Game Pack 

The mini game pack is a small stack of cards with samples of two games: Loaded Questions and Awkward Family Photos. I wasn't very interested in even looking at this but the questions actually made for a pretty hilarious conversation. It's not the best item in the box but it is surprisingly funny. 8/10 



Surface Trinity Protein Cream 

Hair Product!! I love, LOVE, LOVEEE hair products so this one was going to be slam dunk for me unless it was some weird thing that would make my hair crunchy or something. Instead, this cream, which actually comes out as a spray so it distributes more evenly and way lighter than just putting cream in your hand and going at it with your hair (dirty minds!). I tried this item as soon as I got it (after a shower) and the results were awesome. Soft hair? check. No straggly ends? check. Happy Leslie? check! Seriously, I'm effusively loving on this product because I really like it and I'll definitely be buying another bottle when I run out. 11/10 



SpaRitual Lacquer in 'Can you dig this?'

Nail Polish! A box with both hair products and nail products? Have I gone to box heaven?? SpaRitual has been growing on me and the bottles that I've gotten are pretty good (not the best but solid). The color is a very pretty metallic autumn-y orange/gold/brown color that evokes leaves and Halloween!!! Anyone who has had the pleasure (obviously) to read any other of my posts knows that I'm a freakin' polish addict so there was little chance that I wouldn't be happy with this item (except for a horrible color or a gloopy formula). 11/10 



Health Warrior Chia Bar 

Sometimes Health means bleerrrgh in terms of taste. This is one of those times. Also, all I'll say here is Ch-ch-ch-chia!!!  6/10 



Drinkwel

This is a weird item. It's a baggie that includes 3 vitamin pills to take before drinking (as in alcohol not just drinking water or whatever) and 3 that you are supposed to take afterwards. Apparently, these help one not lose essential nutrients and help clear toxins out of the body faster. I'm not a big drinker at all so this isn't something I'm very interested in but I am interested in their claims. I haven't heard of any valid research for stuff like this so I think a little google search is in order since to my cynical eye, this just seems like a little bag with 6 multivitamins under the guise of helping you avoid the negative side effects of drinking alcohol. I'm no teetotaler under any (ANY!!) circumstances but I'm guessing that the best way to avoid the negative side effects of getting drunk is to not get drunk in the first place! Or at least pace yourself! Either way, I'm not quite convinced of the efficacy of this item. 5/10 



Brightpink Foundation Brighten Up Insert and Sticker 

This insert (along with a sticker that comes with a number to text to get updates on when you should check your boobage) is all about preventing breast and ovarian cancer. As someone who has suffered from (and is unfortunately sick again) an illness related to the reproductive system, I can say that this info (while it seems minimal) is really important. Nobody knows your body better than you so take this advice to heart! 10/10



Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Cleansing Foam 

This is the item that had to be shipped separately due to some mixup. I'm very much looking forward to finally getting it and using it because I'm obsessed with finding a face cleanser that doesn't torture my horribly sensitive skin. The fact that the bottle is full sized and from Bliss is pure awesome. There's also an insert that works as a $25 discount on the Triple Oxygen Instant Facial at Bliss Spas. Unfortunately, I don't think I live near enough to a Bliss spa to take advantage but if I did or if I end up traveling somewhere that has a Bliss spa, you can be über sure that I'll be down like a clown to get that facial. Preemptive 11/10. 





Orly FX Nail Lacquer in Go Deeper

This is an extra item that was added as a little apology for a billing issue where we were charged the $50 twice (fortunately, the charge didn't cause me any problems because I had no cash in my card!!). I love glitter like a cracked out magpie so this is yet another YES!!! item for me. It's a mermaid blue-green glitter topcoat and I'm actually saving it for my upcoming b-day as a little treat for myself. 11/10  


A last look at the cute. I'll add a pic of the bliss cleanser when I get it. 

Box:
Frequency:
Seasonal (next box is Winter '13/14)
Price:
$49.99 per season (so every ~3 mos.) but you can get a $10 discount with code: 874390 at fabfitfun
Perks
Tailored boxes, ability to earn free boxes.

CODES

So far, I haven't found any good ones but I'll update here as soon as I do. 

Try SHOPFFF for $5 off your first box but (a big but) I'm not 100% sure that it's still valid. 

Recommend
Currently, yes! I really loved the Fall box and am very much looking forward to the Winter box. This sub is new but their third box (this one) bodes well for this sub. It definitely exceeded my expectations and I'm pretty sure that the Winter box will do that too. I'd suggest trying it out for Winter and going from there. The good thing is that you can cancel your sub online instead of having to call like some other subs can force you to do. So, give 'em a try if you're really interested, I'm super happy with the past two boxes and hopefully, you will be too.  

As always, don't buy anything you don't love!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment