Friday, September 27, 2013

Personal Post

Today I was woken up by my brother who looked nauseous as he came into my room and sat down. He said good morning and I was wondering what was wrong when he told me that our 15 year old cat had died during the night. I can't begin to explain how sad I am right now. I adopted him from a cage outside of a supermarket 15 years ago when I was a kid. My mom and I went into the supermarket and bought all of the necessary cat accoutrements and came home with a sick kitten wrapped in a black jacket. We nursed him to health and helped him gain weight and he became an essential part of our lives. He lived through my years in junior high, high school, and college. He was independent and incredibly intelligent and he was a black cat that I called my halloween cat (although I was always worried in October and would keep him inside in case some teenagers wanted to mess with him). Today, I lost someone that I've loved for more than half my life and I'm devastated. I can't stop crying and my chest hurts. If anything, I just want the pain to go away but I know it won't for now. To anyone who reads this, thanks for slogging through this and give your cat (or dog or hamster) a kiss for me and appreciate every day you have with them, they're a bigger part of our lives than we know and we don't realize it until it's too late. RIP Meowchis, I know I'll see you again in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I miss my black cat every day. She was the sweetest thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandy :) I'm actually taken aback by how incredibly sad I am. I've been crying on and off since he died and I miss him so much already (and now I'm crying again) that I can't even concentrate on anything. I know a lot of people may not understand why I'm so distraught over the death of a pet but he was a part of my life for most of my life. It's really hard to let him go.

      Delete