Friday, October 25, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag October '13 Review



Hellooo!


A very decent selection of items this month plus the makeup bag is quite cute. better than bb this month due to the variety and amount of items. Brands are actually pretty good, not high end but mid-market and established enough to be recognized (with the exception of the hand creme because I'd never heard of that brand until I got that bottle that was promptly jacked by my mom.




I really like this bag, weirdly enough. 




Zoya Nail Polish (some sort of pinkish red, shimmery)

I've gotten a couple of Zoya polishes from ipsy so the brand isn't new to me but the color is pretty average. Zoya isn't an expensive brand but it is a reliable one so I'm not disappointed to get it but I wish I'd gotten that blue color that I saw on the glam room preview rather than the color I got. Nevertheless, as a polish addict, I can't say this is a bad addition to this month's bag. 10/10




Buxom Full On Lip Polish in 'Dolly'

Ok, so first of all, I love Buxom. I used to not even pay attention to their stuff but their lip colors are pfa (pretty fucking awesome) and I own more than a few. Howeverrrr, this is the possibly 10th sample of Dolly I've gotten in the past 3 months. Enough Dolly!!! I'd be elated to get any ANY!!! other damn color since I've already got more than enough samples to last me a loooong time (like more than if I'd bought a couple of full sizes) and the color doesn't honestly look that great on me. That combo makes me sad. I would've been very happy if I'd gotten almost any other color. Stop with the Dolly already, Buxom!! You guys have so many great colors! 7/10




Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel

Hair product. C'mon, of course I'll be interested! This blow dry gel is all about giving the hair volume and shape. I've never really used a blow-dry gel but I'm definitely trying it out this weekend. Plus, the sample has a respectable amount, more than one use to be sure. 10/10




La Fresh Eco Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes

I love cleanser wipes and the oil-free qualifier (plus the eco stuff) made it seem like something I might like. The smell is fucking delightful in comparison to some other wipes and it does take off light makeup (heavy eye makeup is a different ball game, use some Lancome or Pur-Lisse for that, no time for the correct accents, I'm in a hurry!). I like the wipes but unfortunately consecutive use started giving me a weird chemical irritation that turned my skin bright red so it's out. 8/10




be Delectable Hand Creme in 'Vanilla Cupcake'

Smells like vanilla cake, it really does! All it did, though, was make me immensely hungry and made me crave sweet, sweet cake (at least I'll get to eat some on my bday!). Nevertheless, before I could try it out and give you guys the deets on the texture and feel, it was yet another item taken by my mother's item jacking tirade of 2013! I know I'm supposed to be happy that I can give her nice things (my dad's words, not mine) but ugh. Seriously. 9/10




Overall, I really liked the variety of this month's ipsy glam bag and if the items were other colors/shades then I'd be fucking elated with this month's booty. A solid effort and I'm siding with ipsy (this month) in the huge ipsy vs. birchbox battle that ensues every month on facebook just because the birchbox take was pretty skimpy this month in comparison.




Box:
Frequency:
Monthly
Price
$10.00 (plus tax in CA, I pay $10.80)
Perks
Ipsy points that can be earned and converted to extra items with referrals, brand discounts for every brand offered each month, full size items included (not guaranteed every month). 
Recommend?
Yes! $10 for a bag full of makeup is a pretty good deal indeed. Give it a try if you're interested, it's only $10 and you can cancel if you hate it.
Note:
There is sometimes a waitlist for subs like birchbox and ipsy and it usually takes from 2-5 weeks to get off. If you're really interested, I'd say check it out and sign up as soon as you can because the earlier you get on the waitlist, the earlier you get off (of the waitlist, dirty minded ones!!!).

As I always say, don't spend cash on anything you don't love! 


2 comments:

  1. The only product we had in common was the Zoya. It's actually a bit darker on my nails than in the bottle, so I liked it more than I thought I would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually decided to try the Zoya on my pinky and the color is a lot better on than in the bottle. I love the shimmer it has so now I feel bad for being so negative about it!

      Delete