Friday, June 14, 2013

Whimseybox!

Last year, I decided to subscribe to whimseybox but after a bunch of mixups and moving (all my fault), I ended up forgetting all about it. Until now, that is!!!

I was recently reminded of the awesomeness of whimseybox and I just HAD to re-subscribe.

What is whimseybox, you say??

Well, it isn't a beauty box, for starters. It's a craft box! Now, to some of you that might not be your style but to a girl who loved going to Michael's craft store at 10 years old and actually took the classes offered there in the summer, well.... yeah. I mean, I'm still obsessed with Halloween and Sept.- December is my JAM in regards to crafting. I hadn't done much crafting lately but when it was brought to my attention that my account was in limbo, I made sure to re-activate asap.

Now, for some more specific deets:

What kind of stuff does whimseybox send and how frequently?

They send a box monthly that has all of the items (and instructions) for you to create a curated craft project. Some previous examples include a make your own calendar, tools for making a seriously fashionable bracelet, tools for making the most beautiful presents for Christmas and more. Seriously, I can't believe I missed out on any of these. I'm so obsessed with this right now.

More importantly, how much does it cost?

It costs $15.00 per month  ($10 for the 1st month, read on!) or I assume you could buy like a 6 month subscription prepaid. For details on that, check whimseybox. I just checked and apparently you can get $5.00 off of your first month (so you'd pay $10.00) if you go to whimseybox now :)

Is it fun?

Hell yeah! Not only can you do they projects they send but you end up having a huge collection of crafting tools and other stuff that can help you for any project you might want to do. Plus, the projects aren't super advanced so you don't have to be an expert to do them. If you did, I'd be screwed because while I love crafts (and yes I have had a Martha Stewart magazine subscription for years), I'm a bit of a dilettante. I mess around with all areas of crafting but I'm not an expert in any area.

Why are you telling me this? Are you getting paid for it?

Because I'm actually excited about this sub and no, I'm not being paid or compensated in any way for this post. I thought my peeps might want to know about whimseybox (if you don't already) and know how super excited I am to be back in the craft game (loll) .


This is the coolest ever. I got mine right quick.
When I saw this, I straight up emailed to beg for the washi tape and got a super cool response quickly AND I got 3 rolls of washi tape plus some stickers and badges in the mail like 3 days later.

Witness the awesomeness:

They're inside a birchbox box because I love the background but the items are all whimseybox.

They look even prettier without flash! 


So, if you're a craft dork like moi this might be a great sub and if you're not, well then there are many beauty subs out there that I love reviewing so maybe skip this post. Now, in all seriousness, this is a pretty cool sub for crafters (just interested, beginner, expertos) but don't buy it if you don't love the idea of crafting. There's nothing suckier than having boxes of stuff you don't use pile up. So, as I've repeatedly said, don't buy something you don't love!! If you're very interested in this box, then try a month and then decide.


If you are a crafty girl, then get to it! I'm going to look for different projects for inspiration and maybe get lost in the black hole of pinterest (don't even think about the fact that no one in the world can make things as perfect as what is pictured)  while I'm at it!

Also, yes I will be posting a review of whimseybox's next box and so forth so you can marvel at the craftacular awesomeness monthly.

5 comments:

  1. did you get this box yet? i am still mulling it over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brandy!

      I actually got my shipping notice a couple of days ago (I'm assuming they're running a bit late this month) and I should have it before the end of this week. I'll post a review as soon as I get it so you can make an informed decision :)

      Delete
    2. oh YAY! i dont know why i want this, because i get craft supplies and then they sit around but the tape sure is pretty. i have zero idea what i would do with it. i guess that's why i need a box with a self-contained project.

      Delete
    3. I know! I used to let my craft items pile up like crazy but lately I've been trying to do more projects and its been a lot of fun. I really love the self contained project concept because we get a doable project with instructions. That way I'm less likely to lose interest and just let stuff pile up; plus the tape is soooo pretty I've been looking for any excuse to use it :)

      Delete
    4. Just letting you know that I got my box today!!! I'm posting the review asap!

      Delete