Friday, June 7, 2013

Glossybox May Box Review

Ok, so I actually got this box a couple of days ago but, as I mentioned in my previous post, I had a REALLY BUSY week that completely got in the way of my blogging efforts. But, alas, I have returned to my true calling of loving sub boxes! ;)

May's glossybox was a bit on the late side to be honest and that might be due to the fact that it was shipped on the 20-something of May. It actually got it relatively quickly and was very excited considering they do send pretty cool stuff but I was not the happiest camper when I saw the contents of the box I received.

A lot of stuff, to be sure but it's all for older women!! 
See, I got a box that is awesome. For a woman of maybe 40 or with more sophisticated tastes than I. I have to admit I wasn't super happy when I saw my samples but what can I do? Fortunately, next month's 'American Beauty' box seems to be a lot better with the promised Oscar de la Renta perfumes and the tarte lip treatment. So, on to the item by item review:


Epionce Intense Anti-Aging + Repair Serum

As I'm in my 20's, I do appreciate an eye cream or wrinkle fighter here and there but this product, I think, is more suited to my mom than me. I'm not excited about using it and it'll probably be gifted to my mom because she'll enjoy it more. It does promise beautiful and radiant skin, so we'll see. 6/10

ĂȘtre belle Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask

Another freaking face product!!! I have oily skin so I don't really need extra hydration in the mask sense. This mask touts moisturizing and restructuring benefits (what like another face? weird. ;P) and, again, will be gifted to my mom. Me sad :( 6/10

European Wax Center 'Slow it Body Wash' and 'Slow it Body Lotion' foil sample packets

These apparently help slow the growth of body hair and make it more fine and less noticeable between waxes and also prevent in-growns. I'll actually be trying these out since I do like this sort of stuff but I'm not over the moon about it. I almost forgot to add that the box also includes a coupon for a first time free wax. I think I'll take advantage of it and do my eyebrows. I'd noticed the location near me because it's new and now I have the perfect excuse to check it out. 8/10

Nicka K New York Absolute! Perfume Stick in 5th Avenue

An interesting concept and the packaging is pretty but unfortunately, this specific scent is the scent of deodorant. Deodorant!!! Not my favorite. Ugh/10

Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray

This sample I love! I love anything that promises to give me volume! I gave thin hair and it very much falls flat without some sort of product so I'm all about volume building sprays like this one. Plus, it smells good and not too weird (unlike that ungodly stink of the perfume stick). I'll be using this sample up in no time. Also, there's a coupon included in the box for a free Shaper or Shaper Plus spray with any Sebastian brand $15 purchase at Ulta. As a platinum member at Ulta, I'm quite excited. Though platinum membership isn't quite as awesome as sephora's VIB program, to be honest, but that's an entirely different post. 10/10

Xtreme Lashes Eyeliner Pencil and Sharpener

I've gotten a lot of eyeliner pencils lately so I wasn't quite excited when I saw it but it touts a gel liner finish, I was intrigued. After swatching it, I saw that it does have quite a gel like finish and I like it! Plus it's full size as is the sharpener. I haven't ever heard of this brand before but I do like the pencil (a surprise in itself since I usually gift the eyeliner samples I get) and so, this specific item goes in the plus column. 9/10

A closer look at the included coupons

Overall, I'm ok with the box (I like a couple of things and hate a couple of others) and I'm very much looking forward to next month thanks to glossybox's sneak peeks. I don't regret this month's box but I'm not very happy with it either. I'd give it a C overall.

Box:
Price:
$21.00
Frequency:
Monthly
Perks
Earn 'glossydots' every month by filling out surveys for the included items. 1000 points = free box. Also, you can earn points for referrals. 
Recommend
This month, I'd say eh but next month (or really, this month's) box looks awesome. I'd say sub now for that box and then cancel if you don't love it. 

Remember, don't spend money on anything you don't LOVE!




No comments:

Post a Comment