Monday, November 25, 2013

Quick Update: Birchbox, Popsugar, etc.

Hi peeps!

It's been a while since my last post and I had to come back to update y'all on the situation. For the good news portion, I can tell you that I've finally (FINALLY) got the November birchbox  in hand after it, no joke, being sent to me on the 18th or so. It's allright (and chocolate, a big bar [not those measly tiny sample sizes!] is included!) and I'll be trying to post a review as soon as possible. My popsugar must have  box got sent to my old address and wasn't correctly forwarded to my PO Box so now I've had to get a replacement and apparently they're sending it by fedex (which can't be sent to a PO Box so yay) so I've got no official ETA on that one. Weirdly enough, it isn't only my current homelessness that has stopped me from posting but the fact that up until yesterdays birchbox delivery, I hadn't gotten any of this month's boxes even though it's now the 25th!!!

So, it might seem that the universe has conspired to fuck me over on this month's reviews but I will get them up!! I actually had to pawn my ipad, laptop and new ipod for motel room stays (seriously. my life seems even sadder, if that's possible, when I see the details written down) and I was only able to get my laptop and ipad back today after I pawned my car to pay bills (yep, that low). Since I have no access to my camera right now (being homeless and all), I'll be using my ipad to take shitty/grainy pics while I can save up enough to get my ipod out of hock so apologies beforehand. Ugh, I'm so sad every day. It's almost thanksgiving and I'm still on the street and seeing all the Christmas decorations and sales and holiday food and movies is just adding extra salt to the wound.

However, I won't let this completely devolve into a pity party so I'll end it here.

*Good things: I've got one box and a review soon to come and possibly another box this week that'll be reviewed asap.

*Bad things: everything else!


Let's just keep on keeping on and I'll post the new birchbox review soon so I can show off my chocolate, mini nail polish (why blue, whyyyyyy), and lip gloss.

Birchbox Mini pre-review review: a solid assortment that would've been awesome if the nail polish was metallic as I'd assumed rather than a drab sort of blue that I've got no interest in. I got a hair product (aloxxi leave in conditioner spray), Color Club nail polish, Laura Mercier lip glaze, a Ghiradelli (sp?) chocolate bar and a foil packet trio of skin care samples. All in all, an 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment